Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
dr, refusing to se me??? - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: dr, refusing to se me??? (/showthread.php?tid=5213)

dr, refusing to se me??? - sillyme - 08-04-2008

Hello everyone, I think my neuroligist might be refusing to se me for fishy reasons im not sure. As I said in my last posts I had surgery done by my orthopedic surgen several months ago. Before surgery I was sent to this neuroligist for testing, and he was harsh when telling me becouse I was young he felt I should change careers now and not persue surgery . My condition got even worse and I have only training in this kind of work so my ortho decided on surgery. Now she feels surgery failed and worse yet Im left with damage she feels more confortable haveing the neuro assesing before moveing forward. Now after only seing me once and confurming ulnar neuropothy the neuro will not se me and states he feels there is nothing further he can do ...
I dont get this Dont most people with nerve damage have re-testing after surgery to check on results? I'm wondering if its because its a comp case.. w/c got to them? Can they do that? Sorry for rambling on but its so frustrateing as you all know.

RE: dr, refusing to se me??? - 1171 - 08-04-2008

I'm sure your orthopedist can find another neuro who'll help with the diagnosis; although I'm a bit suspecious that she's also ready to wash her hands.
when things don't go the way they want doctor's can be quick to move on to the next patient.
you can also contact the carrier to get another opinion. if you are going to post regularly you should put your location in your profile so we know which state laws control your benefits.

RE: dr, refusing to se me??? - RNvic - 08-04-2008

Silltme- if you surgeon doesn't have someone else to refer you to then ask your lawyer if he knows a good neruo doctor, he may have a couple names for you and then have your PCP refer you.

RE: dr, refusing to se me??? - sillyme - 08-04-2008

RNvic Wrote:Silltme- if you surgeon doesn't have someone else to refer you to then ask your lawyer if he knows a good neruo doctor, he may have a couple names for you and then have your PCP refer you.

Thats what I was thinking to. If they wont I will . I think its time anyways concidering my oryho said she has never seen what happend to my arm happen before and not sure what to do. lol I know that should have been the clincher to seek help but I try to not worry.

RE: dr, refusing to se me??? - katicabogar - 08-04-2008

1171 Wrote:I'm sure your orthopedist can find another neuro who'll help with the diagnosis; although I'm a bit suspecious that she's also ready to wash her hands.
when things don't go the way they want doctor's can be quick to move on to the next patient.
you can also contact the carrier to get another opinion. if you are going to post regularly you should put your location in your profile so we know which state laws control your benefits.

Sillyme, 1171 is so right. Samething happened to me. My ortho surgeon refused to see me after my third surgery,stating there was nothing more he could do for me. He also refused to give me an impairment rating, he wanted IME doc to do it(and they did, gave me a low 5% on both hands). What he did, he just sent me to fce test and gave me permanent restrictions according to fce test. He also referred me back to my primary physician, who is not w/c certified and couldn't really see me regarding my w/c injuries. So I was left without a ortho doctor and when I was trying to find one, they just wanted to review my records first for several hundred dollars and decided they couldn't take me as their patient. Finally I hired a lawyer who found an occupational medicine doc for me, but now he is ready to drop me, also. Why? Because w/c refusing to pay for any medical since 2006, they just want to pay doctor to manage vocational issues, lots of paperwork, little pay, who wouldn't get tired of that?

At least, before your ortho doctor drops you, get an impairment rating, permanent restrictions and a referral to a reputable occupational doctor. The reason why the neuro doctor refusing to see you, could be w/c not authorizing further tests and maybe the neuro doc wasn't even paid for the first test.

Reading your earlier post, are you seeing a pain management doctor?
In my case, after four years in this system, my doctor just referring me to pain clinic, w/c still has to approve.

Good luck to you.

Kat

RE: dr, refusing to se me??? - sillyme - 08-04-2008

Hi kat, The wierd thing is that it hasn't gone w/c yet we have a court date so im paying with other state insurance. The only other thing I can think of is dr paranoia of human era during surgery since they all have taken one look at my arms deformity and said they dont know what hapend. Except when I got sick of hearing that and went to family dr and he said find another surgen asp. But easier said than done in maine they are all affiliated..lol
I will start pain management next month I'm hopeing for help, as im sure you are to. I just want to here we can fix you..lol... dont we all.