Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
PA Trip Information - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PA Trip Information (/showthread.php?tid=4607)

Pages: 1 2 3

PA Trip Information - red1030 - 06-03-2008

Hi all Pa trip travelers... I have some questions that are hidden in many other threads but I do need some direct questions about some issues that I must have a clearer understanding of and soon.

T-Shirts.... I have not recieved any feed back of other ideas for a T-shirt so I am going to buy them at either sears which has them on sale right now for $6.00 each. They are a coventon name brand. they come in a lot of sizes and colors. To make my life easier, (I have all that have given me sizes) give me a list of:

How many tShirts:
Color of each t-shirt
Size for each t-shirt attached to your choice color.

Then we can each put a size on them. I will not be able to buy unless I get this inforation so I am only going to buy for those who do not tell me what they want. I appreciate your help in this.

Number of people who want to paint even one class or project. I have changed some of the information about the classes. We are going to paint projects:

#1 - 2 - projects will be two wooden tray's. One with Roses on it, and the second one with sunflowers on it.

#3 project will be a glass piece with wild flowers.

#4 project will be a snowman face on canvas paper.

#5 project will be a pen and ink girl with bear.

I need to know who is going to paint what so that I bring exactly enough, not too much and enough to meet all your needs. In terms of the painting, there will be a $10.00 cost as I am supplying all supplies from brushes, paints, waterwells, pencils, carbon paper, tracing paper, tape, sanding supplies for the wood, sealer, sealer for after the project is done and the suface for each project listed above. This also includes the cost of a class booklet of the classes, general information, and a colored picture of each project with class instructions and items to clean your hands with. This cost does not include lovely "Queen of the Castle."

In terms of Oil painting classes...the kids will be schedule in the after noon and the adults can paint with them if they choose. They will have one painting on Wednesday afternoon. It will be a painting of the "killer Whale." The kids can also paint with another one that the adults will do... its a sale boat that the boys will most likely like. The kids will love this, and there is no charge for this for the kids. Each canvas painting cost me about $20.00 so there is a charge of $15.00 for each person who wants to paint...this does not include the kids or our Queen of the Castle. (I apolize for talking money, but as you all know I just don't have the energy to put it in 8-10 pms and this gives you an idea before you get there. I will have all supplies needed to complete a painting and you will be pleasantly surprised what someone can oil paint with or without talent).

List if you want to oil paint and on which painting:

Killer Whale
The Sale ship at night
The light house
The water fall at night

Again I need to know this information so that I do not bring too much such as I own 5 easils, but if only 2 are going to paint, I am only going to bring two. I know the kids are going to paint and I am not going to paint my own picture with them as I will with the adults. So I know I need enough for two. Another large peice of course is the number of canvas' I am going to bring. They all take up a lot of room.

The main reason I need to know all of this, is that Del and I are going to have a transportation problem trying to get all the items in our car. Of course we are driving a medium size car, and I need to bring all the classes, gifts, things people ordered for me to make at cost, bed linen, clothes, food etc. We did this going to Oregon so I am sure we can, Del isn't so please respond and let me know. If you do nto want too, you do not need to respond to the class information. Please giveme some numbers...and I can down size what I have ready to do and pack.

Coffee: I need to know:

Number of cups a day you drink? Del drinks about 8-10 so say so if you like to drink all day or my Del will take me home early just to get to some coffee... he is more addicted to coffee than cigs.

What you take in your cups of coffee?
Cream, Sugar, Equal etc.

I will make sure that a little more isthere as well. Please you will like Del's coffee and so go more than less. It is the best I have ever tasted. He uses a french press to make his but may have to use a regular coffee pot for everyone elses. Also it is only a mixture of star bucks coffee in one pot.

This is long, so please read and give me some complete information or something will not be right.

Salad Dressing.

Give me your preference as Del and I will be providing salad for two meals. Just let me know and if able it will be there. Thanks a lot for reading this LONG note.

Love you all and can't wait to see you all at the castle. Red

RE: PA Trip Information - jayne - 06-04-2008

I knew you would overdo darnit I just knew it.......as you know Bill wants to learn to do the one stroke but he is shy and most likley will not push....I am not interested in doing either but love to watch for hours.....Coffe I am a folgers person and drink 1 or 2 cups in the morning and will sometimes drink more.....I take sugar and International delight Irish cream which will travel with me.....Bill and I both like roomy t shirts so make both XL and Blue please....

RE: PA Trip Information - Tuffy - 06-04-2008

Red, Ok girl here goes, I already gave you the t-shirt sizes, no changes and any color will do except black.... Gail - no coffee, Crabby - ?, Tuffy Decaf 3 or 4 cups with coffeemate.. I can bring my own . No painters in our group........ We all like Hidden Valley Ranch, but will use whatever is there. Does this help???????

Red, PS Why are you bringing linins? I thought we only needed them for the blow up mattress we are bringing, and I have those things already to go. Unless I am missing something.

Backache, Can you update us on what we need to bring along, bedding, pillows, towels etc............

RE: PA Trip Information - Still in Limbo - 06-04-2008

Hi Red! I Drink Coffee Like Del, and My Wife usually has 4-5 Cups. Mine is Black, Hers is with 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar and Cream/Milk. I Believe I gave You My Shirt Sizes, and I think My Wife and I are going to Relax and Watch the Painting, but My Grandson will be Painting. I Hope I answered All of the Questions, if I Missed any Please PM Me! Have a Great Day!!Smile

RE: PA Trip Information - red1030 - 06-04-2008

Hi all...thanks for much for all the information. I quess you have all figured out that I am a very specific person and I have a lot of specific infomration that I need. You all did great. It was so long and I am soooooooo sorry about all of that. I have a grid I made up on the computer and now I have it all in a computer so I don't loose it again. Thanks so much.

I am so excited about going to the castle and to meet Backache and her husband. I have already met Tuffy, Gail, and CRABBY (Tuffy do you know yet if CRABBY is coming...?), jayne and Bill, and Vickie. I am looking forward to seeing you all again...and getting all those big hugs... Then I am going to happily meet Still and his wife, Backache and her husband. What a treat that will be. I love to talk to backache. she is a Long term care nurse...she helps me to relive great memories. I am sooooo happy.

jayne I am not overdoing it. I just wish I had more time to do more for everyone that is all....you are ok and all is fine. All of yours is done and I am just working on other people's things. I am making the food once I am there. I do have some prep work that will be done before I get there etc, but all the fresh stuff will be there when we get there. Del is helping me with the food items. He will do the grocery shopping, meat, and other things. I am just a very strong planner...each day of my life is planned. My problem is that I have no true sence of time.....my husband does thankfully.

Tuffy...now that you have mentioned it, I am most likely wrong about linens etc. I am also going to bring a couple air mattresses in case we need them. What about chair? I saw where some of you mentioned bringing chairs. Do I need to bring some also? Thanks all for a great response.

Love Red

Red, Gail was just here and is really looking forward to this trip. As far as we know now Crabby will be coming with us. As far as lawn chairs go, I would ask Backache if we need to bring any.
We will be leaving here Il/Wisc state line on the 23rd. it is a 10 hr drive, over 650 miles. so we will be one nite on the road. Will drive untill we are tired and then stop for the nite. It will take us more than 10 hrs as we will need to stop several times. Potty breaks etc.......

Backache did tell me that she had enough linens, towels for everyone except for the extra people. We are bringing a full size blow up mattress with sheets comforter and pillows. Extra towels etc.

Don't forget your cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tongue Cool

RE: PA Trip Information - red1030 - 06-04-2008

Hi Tuffy... I thought backache said something about bringing towels and bed linen. I may be wrong. I will try contact her tomorrow and ask her. She comes on about everyother day. She is so busy right now. Tuffy did you get a camera...which one did you decide on and why...I am looking to buy one also.

Tuffy....I just noticed your signature. I love it. It is a very nice one and so true...love Red

RE: PA Trip Information - jayne - 06-04-2008

I am bringing a sleeping Bag and pillow for Daniel and I just imagine Daniel and Limbos grandson will be back and forth on where they sleep....I didnt think to bring extra towels tho......she did ask we bring lawn chairs if we has em....