Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Time limitations - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Time limitations (/showthread.php?tid=16571)

Time limitations - Clark - 03-16-2017

I was injuried Jan 24 2017 in Florida went to Centra Care and the Dr. said he thought I had a torn bicept and sent me to Florida Hospital for treatment. Went there and had xray which came back as no broken bones. My employeer said I could not go there I had to go to there Dr. So the next morning I went to there Dr and they set up a MRI with WC. The MRI was February 9th 2017. I had initial visit with Orthopedic Dr. February 24th 2017 30 days after my injury and he said I had a tear in my shoulder and a distal bicept rupture. My surgery is now scheduled for April 10th. Is this not like way to long to wait to have any kind of treatment. All they have done so far is an MRI and a sling. Doesn't the muscle start to shrink right away? It will be a total of 76 days from date of injury to date of surgery. What should I do?

RE: Time limitations - 1171 - 03-16-2017

I doubt Whether bumping up the schedule Now will make a difference in the outcome but is something you should ask your doctor. You might also get medical information from a medical website like web md.
There is nothing in work comp law about length of time for surgery.
If, after the surgery, you think the results would be much better if done sooner, you should get supporting medical opinion and talk to a medical malpractice lawyer.

RE: Time limitations - Clark - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 08:18 PM)1171 Wrote: Those would be questions to ask your doctor. You might also get medical nformation from a medical website.
There might not be much you can do about it now.
If you want emergency surgery rather then when scheduled, you'll have to get a doctor to  rush the request thru hospital and surgeon scheduling.
If, after the surgery, you think the results would be much better if done sooner you should get supporting medical opinion and talk to a medical malpractice lawyer.
I don't believe it is the Dr. I think it is the wc people who take their sweet time to schedule the MRI and then the orthopedic Dr and such everytime I call my adjuster to find out what is taking so long she tells me it is the Dr she is waiting on and when I call the Dr to check on my surgery date they tell me wc has not responded to them. I am lost. I will wait till after surgery and find legal councel if my arm is messed up from the long wait

RE: Time limitations - 1171 - 03-16-2017

Yes the finger pointing and blaming is common.
Maybe a conference call with all 3 can help but approval delays are common when one party doesn,t know what the other needs

RE: Time limitations - tbear6410 - 03-17-2017

More times than not, it's Comp/Carrier taking their sweet time.. Here in NY, they have 30 days from the day they get the request to say yes or no. Some times, it takes the doctor's office a week or so just to get that paperwork to them.
Example...
I saw my Pain Management doctor, he wants to try Nerve Blocks again... this was on Feb. 27th... the office finally sent the request in to them March 7th... So now the Carrier has until April 7th to say yes or no..

Good luck with your surgery...