Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury (/showthread.php?tid=16388)

Pages: 1 2

RE: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - California_Help - 10-29-2016

I recommend consulting with a work comp attorney.

In regards to your evaluation patients do sometimes get injured during QME evaluations. Please tell your work comp doctor if you do not get better. I know one QME who broke a patients neck during an eval.

RE: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - Skiesthelimits - 01-29-2020

I’m not sure how this works I just made my profile i want to post my question however I don’t know if I star here I was injured in 2019 I was on the top of the roof ware I work at with two other employees long story short it started raining so I told the employees let’s start heading back down as we were heading down I slipped not having balance to catch myself I landed on my head and back felt like a wooplash I was so dizzy I reported it rite away , I called the Nurse line and they told me to go to an emergency room however the safety manager said go to concentra wich is the company clinic I went thare and it was horrible I was seen a few times and I totally got a bad impression they didn’t help me what so ever and tried to lie about things I ended up getting an attorney he got me a good doctor I am not off of work because I can’t afford that I am on light duty I’ve seen the charopracter, physical therapy and acupuncture after so long of requesting and denial I finally was approved ,I just seen my qme sharma 2 weeks ago I told him how I feel I have bad headaches that make me feel dizzy my lower and upper back hurts and cramps up my knecklace irritates me and has been a negative impact in my life, the qme said he will give me more therapy and wants to see me in 4-5 months , I am on light duty with restrictions no stopping or bending no lifting over 25 pounds wich the company I work for don’t want me to even do that just paperwork, my question is I’ve been working for my company for 8 years now this is the first time I get injured and I really don’t want to loose my job , I do have an attorney helping me with my case , I do plan on getting compensated for my injury my question is I don’t want to loose my job for a lousy 5 -10 thousand dollars settlement for all I went through just wondering if it’s even worth proceeding with this please email me : Agarcia1.abm@gmail.com thank you everyone

RE: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - 1171 - 01-29-2020

No one on this web site or forum can control whether your employer fires you.
No one on this forum can predict your settlement amount.
I suspect they have already spent at least $5k on your treatment.
What if you can never get full recovery; the employer is never going to keep you n modified/ lite work forever?
I cant give you specific answers as you never posted which state laws control your claim.

RE: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - 1171 - 01-29-2020

P.S. you posted in the wrong place. Post on a new thread
https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/newthread.php?fid=4

RE: QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury - California_Help - 01-30-2020

(01-29-2020, 04:54 PM)Skiesthelimits Wrote: I’m not sure how this works I just made my profile i want to post my question however I don’t know if I star here I was injured in 2019 I was on the top of the roof ware I work at with two other employees long story short it started raining so I told the employees let’s start heading back down as we were heading down I slipped not having balance to catch myself I landed on my head and back felt like a wooplash I was so dizzy I reported it rite away , I called the Nurse line and they told me to go to an emergency room however the safety manager said go to concentra wich is the company clinic I went thare and it was horrible I was seen a few times and I totally got a bad impression they didn’t help me what so ever and tried to lie about things I ended up getting an attorney he got me a good doctor I am not off of work because I can’t afford that I am on light duty I’ve seen the charopracter, physical therapy and acupuncture after so long of requesting and denial I finally was approved ,I just seen my qme sharma 2 weeks ago I told him how I feel I have bad headaches that make me feel dizzy my lower and upper back hurts and cramps up my knecklace irritates me and has been a negative impact in my life, the qme said he will give me more therapy and wants to see me in 4-5 months , I am on light duty with restrictions no stopping or bending no lifting over 25 pounds wich the company I work for don’t want me to even do that just paperwork, my question is I’ve been working for my company for 8 years now this is the first time I get injured and I really don’t want to loose my job , I do have an attorney helping me with my case , I do plan on getting compensated for my injury my question is I don’t want to loose my job for a lousy 5 -10 thousand dollars settlement for all I went through just wondering if it’s even worth proceeding with this please email me : Agarcia1.abm@gmail.com thank you everyone

I am sorry for what you are going through. As 1171 wrote there is no way for anyone to know what is going to happen and I am not an expert, just an injured worker like you. It sounds like your employer is allowing you to work on light duty. If that is correct that is a good sign in my opinion.

Best to you.