Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
new shoulder injury at work - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: new shoulder injury at work (/showthread.php?tid=14808)

Pages: 1 2

new shoulder injury at work - nepatsfan001 - 09-13-2013

I work as a patient care tech at a local hospital. 10 days ago we had a confused, combative patient that punched my right shoulder twice when we tried to get him back to bed. Immediately my r shoulder started hurting and i reported it. I have since been to the doctor my employer has told me to go to 4 times. The shoulder i can move with no problems but it still hurts everyday. I was just wondering what the whole workers comp process will be like and what will take place? Will i be offered any settlements, etc?

RE: new shoulder injury at work - jayne - 09-13-2013

Worker comp is a no fault system. you are not paid for pain and suffering. you are paid if you cant work for 7 or more days depending on your state. It is a road you do not want to travel if you do not have to. Read awhile you will see some have been fighting the fight for 10 years just to get medical care. YOU DONT GET RICH ON WORKERS COMP you get poor they deny you med care, they deny you paychecks, they deny you needed meds. The settlements you get are at the end of a long fight were you have already lost everything you own. if you are looking to get rich try jumping in front of a car.

RE: new shoulder injury at work - 1171 - 09-13-2013

many that post here have issues and problems they need help with. the vast majority of claims are handled without controversy and obviously there aren't postings about them.

every state has their own system and rules. each is different in how it operates; that's why we ask that you post your state if you want specific information.
read and search other posts as relevant information may have already been explained.
each state has it's own website that provides information about their system.

RE: new shoulder injury at work - Manley2 - 09-13-2013

If you need treatment for the pain get it if they are paying for it. Most people in the WC system get the treatment they need without allot of trouble but these are the ones that have something that will heal with some treatment. If this is only 10 days old you may or may not be free of pain from it and you are in trouble if you feel like WC is a ticket to a good payday

RE: new shoulder injury at work - dusty boy - 09-13-2013

Worry about getting well, that's what is most important.
Hopefully, your treatment takes you back to where you were before you were injured.

RE: new shoulder injury at work - nepatsfan001 - 09-14-2013

My shoulder is actually feeling alot better now. I go to the doctor on monday and if i am released from their care what will happen next? I haven't even spoken to any work comp people yet, just a letter stating they got my info from my employer. I was just wondering what the process will be to close the case and if they will want to settle?

RE: new shoulder injury at work - 1171 - 09-14-2013

as i posted: "every state has their own system and rules. each is different in how it operates; that's why we ask that you post your state if you want specific information.

what's yours?
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/showthread.php?tid=10146

RE: new shoulder injury at work - jayne - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 11:48 AM)nepatsfan001 Wrote: My shoulder is actually feeling alot better now. I go to the doctor on monday and if i am released from their care what will happen next? I haven't even spoken to any work comp people yet, just a letter stating they got my info from my employer. I was just wondering what the process will be to close the case and if they will want to settle?
if you are cured nothing.

RE: new shoulder injury at work - 1171 - 09-14-2013

depends on the state.
some states use wage loss rather then impairment.

RE: new shoulder injury at work - nepatsfan001 - 09-14-2013

im from kansas...i guess another concern is if down the road if my shoulder gets reinsured since i do alot of lifting doing patient care. i just was not sure if they try to offer me something now so i cant come back a the them if i do have trouble with the shoulder again