Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Made a decisioin - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Made a decisioin (/showthread.php?tid=14233)



Made a decisioin - Milo - 01-31-2013

When I called my firm to ask where we stand w/ our request for voc., They agreed to an assessment til the hearing, but as we talked, she mentioned the IC sent a letter wanting to know if I am interested in settling. My Attorney responded that it wouldn't be in my best interest. I told her I am confident that I want them to buyout my med, voc, and pd. But I was suprised that I hadn't been told of this before, member, I was being shy about calling them? I made sure any problems above or below the cage would not be included in this arrangement.


RE: Made a decisioin - Manley2 - 01-31-2013

Not sure what that really means.

In my case I would like to have settled a few years ago but it just hasn't happened. I'm kind of glad this has taken so long because I was told my back would only get worse. Well now over the last 5-6 months it has been. Does this mean a surgery? Who knows but if it does they are going to be the ones paying for it and not out of a set-a-side that may or may not of been figured to cover it.


RE: Made a decisioin - Milo - 01-31-2013

(01-31-2013, 09:41 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Not sure what that really means.

In my case I would like to have settled a few years ago but it just hasn't happened. I'm kind of glad this has taken so long because I was told my back would only get worse. Well now over the last 5-6 months it has been. Does this mean a surgery? Who knows but if it does they are going to be the ones paying for it and not out of a set-a-side that may or may not of been figured to cover it.

I had my surgery, and was told now this is the strongest part of my body. any levels above or below fusion, would not be included in any future pre-existing injuries as far as my private ic . So if I can have them buy my painmanagement and meds out. I feel confident in my decision in my med buy out. Hubby, still isn't so sure. But If you hadn't had your surgery yet, you could always go back and appeal a worsening of mmi.
Also manley, my back went out and I would have excruciating episodes at least once a week. At that point I was willing to avoid surgery. Then that one week turned into two and then it didn't stop. My body was locked up 24/7 for at least three months. Only then did I decide I needed to have fusion. Hope that helps