Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
1171, this is funny. - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 1171, this is funny. (/showthread.php?tid=14203)

Pages: 1 2 3

1171, this is funny. - jamboski73 - 01-22-2013

1171 and everyone else. So I contact my lawyer(associate of firm)to get an update and mainly to ask, why all the postponements? I get Intouch with him and he is busy. He says he is about to go to a hearing and that he would call me back..NOPE!.. I wont let him go and start to question him and basically tell him that I need for him to help me get my claim started off, or I would have to move forward. He gets quiet and then begins to say "what do you expect me to do?" He says that the postponements are not in his control. He then says he would call me this afternoon to discuss it when he had more time. Going back a couple days, 1171 sends me a few links in my thread. One of the links is for TOP workers comp attorneys in Atlanta GA. I start calling some of these attorneys for a second opinion. Come to find out, EVERY attorney I spoke with, knew of this firm and the founder of it. They say that he is a very good attorney and to try and stick with him. So the day moves on and I get a call from the founder of the firm and he says he's getting calls from these other attorneys I spoke with today...lol.. he is wondering why. I tell him it wasn't personal and that I felt like there were just to many postponements with no progress. He is very apologetic and logs into my case file. He looks over it and begins to ask questions about the case as if he is going to take over my case personally and I was right,.. he does. Get this! I also discovered that this attorney says, that he knows and is close friends with both ALJ's in my area and the defense attorney on the other side. So im thinking now, I might be able to get some answers and results. BTW 1171, the next lawyer to click onto in that link you sent to me, would have been the lawyer I have now...lol.. he is rated 5 star perfect 10.0.

RE: 1171, this is funny. - Milo - 01-22-2013

(01-22-2013, 10:12 PM)jamboski73 Wrote: 1171 and everyone else. So I contact my lawyer(associate of firm)to get an update and mainly to ask, why all the postponements? I get Intouch with him and he is busy. He says he is about to go to a hearing and that he would call me back..NOPE!.. I wont let him go and start to question him and basically tell him that I need for him to help me get my claim started off, or I would have to move forward. He gets quiet and then begins to say "what do you expect me to do?" He says that the postponements are not in his control. He then says he would call me this afternoon to discuss it when he had more time. Going back a couple days, 1171 sends me a few links in my thread. One of the links is for TOP workers comp attorneys in Atlanta GA. I start calling some of these attorneys for a second opinion. Come to find out, EVERY attorney I spoke with, knew of this firm and the founder of it. They say that he is a very good attorney and to try and stick with him. So the day moves on and I get a call from the founder of the firm and he says he's getting calls from these other attorneys I spoke with today...lol.. he is wondering why. I tell him it wasn't personal and that I felt like there were just to many postponements with no progress. He is very apologetic and logs into my case file. He looks over it and begins to ask questions about the case as if he is going to take over my case personally and I was right,.. he does. Get this! I also discovered that this attorney says, that he knows and is close friends with both ALJ's in my area and the defense attorney on the other side. So im thinking now, I might be able to get some answers and results. BTW 1171, the next lawyer to click in that link you sent to me, would have been the lawyer I have now...lol.. 5 star 10.0.

Having to quick question my "surgeon" is what I am used to having to do. This always works, as far as what is he supposed to do, Maybe he's new. Cuto's to 1171 for sending you in the right direction. Congratulations and I hope that this will result in a quick return for you. Way to be assertive. ( That is so hard to do when you hurt).

RE: 1171, this is funny. - jamboski73 - 01-22-2013

Lol.. yes, thanks Milo.. and yeah, he is a young attorney and the newest addition to that firm. This was very uplifting though, to have this unknowing situation, do a 180° for the better. I agree also.. kutos to 1171 is the best link, for the best links!...lol.. and has any type of link you need too, concerning WC. .

RE: 1171, this is funny. - 1171 - 01-23-2013

I think your atty is becoming aware of how important your comp benefits are to you.
as I said, making a few calls now is better then looking back 6 months from now and regretting that you didn't.
comp is a small specialized legal world. they have to deal with the same judges and the opposing attys for years and sometimes don't push as hard for a client they'll only see a few times.
be well...

RE: 1171, this is funny. - jamboski73 - 01-23-2013

Everything you advised me to do, payed off big time and was an awesome strategy to there own game.

I guess also, that this big time lawyer has a reputation to up hold, so he was on it!

My initial lawyer from my first injury, was also just right up the road in Atlanta. I NEVER saw her once though. I mostly spoke with her paralegals and met with her assistants.

BTW, She and my current attorney are good friends and speak at seminars together ..lol.. definitely a specialized busines. Makes ya wonder what else goes on huh?

RE: 1171, this is funny. - jayne - 01-23-2013

They are all friends.they eat together,they party together no one else will so of course he would call.....it is good to remind them who they work for

Lol.. that's right Jayne. I think that they won't let anybody in that tight little circle unless your a snob.

My attorney told me yesturday that any of these attorneys would not take my case because he knew them. So, I hoping he doesn't assume that I'm stuck with him, because I will get rid of his a**!

I still haven't heard from him since yesturday, so I hope he's working on it. Times running out. There're attorneys everywhere. Wink

So I wanted to ask everyone. Since I've gotten this attorneys attention. What is the next steps? What should I do now, how long should it be before I hear from him again?

RE: 1171, this is funny. - jayne - 01-23-2013

kinda like a pool of sharks.....they can eat their young

RE: 1171, this is funny. - bronco54501 - 01-23-2013

I hope that gets the ball rolling again.. Sometimes they are just that busy, but that doent mean they shouldnt keep you in the loop.. At first I was the leader in my case, collected everything from drs and then gave him coppies.. It wasnt till later on he wasnt keeping me updated on the case, so I decided not to inform him of appoinments and didnt drop off records.. I waited for him to call me and ask if I had any appoinments he wasnt aware of and thats when I gave him a earfull.. Since then he has been on the ball.. I could have gone and picked alot of wc attorneys in our area.. And infact My father asked me to use his wc attorney and I said no, I didnt jump at the first one, I met with a few and talked to some by phone and I choosen the one I have because he was down to earth and seemed to care... And his aid was an injured worker that changed his career to help the injured..

Lol.. exactly Jayne! Attorneys can be some real dirty SOB's. All that talk about making calls n stuff and I haven't heard not one time from them today. WTH.. I'm starting to scence some arrogance with this firm. Hmmmm, what do I do?
Hey Bronco, how bout it man?! Yeah, as I just told Jayne, I haven't heard from my attorney today. I want to think like you said, maybe there're just that busy. Then again im wondering if there playing a game with me now for calling other colleague attorneys for second opinions?

What should I do here? Because I need some answers quick.

My attorney says there has only been 2 postponements and now that I check records, I think he's right. Lol... I don't know what to do here. Im very confused.

Like you said what you did to your attorney. Should I not try to contact them anymore and just let them come to me or what?