Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Questions on TTD - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Questions on TTD (/showthread.php?tid=13851)

Questions on TTD - BeachbumIllinois - 08-24-2012

Hurt Again,This time it is the other wrist,I have a Dr appt for next month,and i had my right wrist fused about 3 yrs ago,Now i know how that felt.My left wrist feels the same way.My ? is if I have sergery skeduald,Bare with me on my spelling please.And I get layed off before my surgery,How does that work with my TTD.Do I collect Unemployment until my surgery,then collect my TTD,Or can the employer Lay me off knowing that thier IC doesn't have to pay me TTD.Sorry for the rambling on,Just it confuses me..Thanks..

RE: Questions on TTD - 1171 - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 07:15 PM)BeachbumIllinois Wrote: Hurt Again,This time it is the other wrist,I have a Dr appt for next month,and i had my right wrist fused about 3 yrs ago,Now i know how that felt.My left wrist feels the same way.My ? is if I have sergery skeduald,Bare with me on my spelling please.And I get layed off before my surgery,How does that work with my TTD.Do I collect Unemployment until my surgery,then collect my TTD,Or can the employer Lay me off knowing that thier IC doesn't have to pay me TTD.Sorry for the rambling on,Just it confuses me..Thanks..

Unemployment is only paid when you are able to work.
Unemployment is not paid when you are disable/unabled to work.
Workers comp is the employers insurance-it's the employer that is covered and protected from your claim. The coverage continues as long as you have a claim; comp is not health insurance. You will continue to be eligible for disability payments even if you are no longer with the employer.

RE: Questions on TTD - BeachbumIllinois - 08-25-2012

(08-24-2012, 09:09 PM)1171 Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 07:15 PM)BeachbumIllinois Wrote: Hurt Again,This time it is the other wrist,I have a Dr appt for next month,and i had my right wrist fused about 3 yrs ago,Now i know how that felt.My left wrist feels the same way.My ? is if I have sergery skeduald,Bare with me on my spelling please.And I get layed off before my surgery,How does that work with my TTD.Do I collect Unemployment until my surgery,then collect my TTD,Or can the employer Lay me off knowing that thier IC doesn't have to pay me TTD.Sorry for the rambling on,Just it confuses me..Thanks..

Unemployment is only paid when you are able to work.
Unemployment is not paid when you are disable/unabled to work.Thanks for the quick reply,my Question was if there is no work and I am still able to work like I am now,can I collect Unemployment until I have my sergery,Lets say my sergery is 4 Months from now,There is no work for me,I get layed off,Can I collect unemployment until I have my sergery.And When I do have the sergery then do I start collecting TTD Payments?Sorry sometimes I have trouble Wrighting and explaining my thaughts,I don't mean to confuse anyone..Thanks for your time.
Workers comp is the employers insurance-it's the employer that is covered and protected from your claim. The coverage continues as long as you have a claim; comp is not health insurance. You will continue to be eligible for disability payments even if you are no longer with the employer.

RE: Questions on TTD - 1171 - 08-25-2012

i missed where you stated you were working now.

yes, unemployment is available to those who can work and are laid off.
when you become disabled -like having surgery- unemployment will stop, as you will be unable to work.
TTD payments would begin when you are disabled- like when having surgery.

I hope the explanation is clear as to the differences between unemployment insurance and disability.
they are different systems with different rules because they are funded differently.