Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable (/showthread.php?tid=13814)

Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - constantpain - 08-11-2012

Hello, This was my fourth time at the FCE. The PT said I am in too bad of heatlh to complete the test. Also wants me to be in rigorous PT program to enable another FCE in the future. My TTD was stopped until I could get this test done. Now that I have tried again and DR says I would be considered 100% disabled today and wants to rehab me until I am better, what will happen at my hearing? will my benefits be reinstated? Will my medical bills be paid? Thank you!

RE: Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - 1171 - 08-12-2012

It depends on the evidence. this doctor's opinion will be part of what the judge looks at before deciding.

RE: Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - constantpain - 08-14-2012

I have been seeing doctors for the last 16 months as required by the WC system all the while not being paid TTD bc of this one test. What do you think is the probability that my benefits will be started again and at least the travel expenses for the past few years be paid. I havent been reimbursed for any travel at all or RX reimbursement. I believe I was given a new adjustor who abruptly stopped all payments for me meanwhile requesting that I go see many more doctors, some of which havent been paid either and have not filed with collections over it. Thank you

RE: Maryland- FCE stated Less Than Sedentary - constantpain - 08-20-2012

Hello Again, Just got my FCE results. They put me at Less than Sedentary! and want me to be on an improvement physical therapy program . what does this mean in terms of reinstating my PTD payments? At last hearing commissioner said they were holding off on paying me my weekly pay until the FCE was completed. If the completion says I am not capable of performing many of the tasks and states I am less than sedentary will this help or hinder my case. Thank you!

RE: Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - 1171 - 08-20-2012

if you are still in treatment to improve your function and your medical condition cannot be at maximum medical improvement and cannot be eligible for Permanent Total Disability.
you stated in the first post that you were on TTD. How did it get changed to PTD?
if you are not at MMI you would be eligible for temporary disability.

RE: Maryland- FCE incomplete after 3 hours due to patient unstable - constantpain - 08-22-2012

Sorry for the confusion. I am supposed to be on temporary total payments but have not been paid for over a year now. Just wondering if my FCE says less than sedentary and need improvement, would the commission rule that I am to be paid, like is there a law that requires claimants to be paid if they are still following all of the case managers requests and going to all appointments. For so long no mileage has been reimbursed nor dr appt/RX. I just thought it was a clear cut law that required them to pay. Thank you

(08-20-2012, 08:23 PM)1171 Wrote: if you are still in treatment to improve your function and your medical condition cannot be at maximum medical improvement and cannot be eligible for Permanent Total Disability.
you stated in the first post that you were on TTD. How did it get changed to PTD?
if you are not at MMI you would be eligible for temporary disability.