Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Job interview Thursday - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Job interview Thursday (/showthread.php?tid=13542)

Job interview Thursday - bodybuilder1958 - 04-24-2012

Finally an in person interview with a major hospital. Something I've worked really hard for and I think that I could land a position. Klinker, if they ask for passwords to accounts of any form. No sorry, not happening. My husband said no before I did. Not happening, my business, who I represent at the time of my interview is who I am. Religious, outspoken and very, very conservative and I make absolutely no apology for that.

Maybe it won't come up but it did for a friend of mine, for the same hospital chain in Manhattan, Ks. True she's a PA but they did ask and she said 'No', still waiting to see if she gets the job.

RE: Job interview Thursday - jayne - 04-25-2012

passwords for what? facebook?,this forum or your banking records?They can have anything but my banking records,but that would be only if I was on the short list to be hired but for the life of me I can figure out what if anything it would have to do with your job....What I do on my private time is mine last I heard being a peeping Tom was ilegal but again I have nothing to hide......I am a boring old lady

RE: Job interview Thursday - darrinb - 04-25-2012

(04-24-2012, 11:49 PM)bodybuilder1958 Wrote: Finally an in person interview with a major hospital. Something I've worked really hard for and I think that I could land a position. Klinker, if they ask for passwords to accounts of any form. No sorry, not happening. My husband said no before I did. Not happening, my business, who I represent at the time of my interview is who I am. Religious, outspoken and very, very conservative and I make absolutely no apology for that.

Maybe it won't come up but it did for a friend of mine, for the same hospital chain in Manhattan, Ks. True she's a PA but they did ask and she said 'No', still waiting to see if she gets the job.

Good luck with your interview. I agree what you do off the clock is your personal life.

RE: Job interview Thursday - bronco54501 - 04-25-2012

Good luck BB, hope ya get it...

As far as passwords, it is happening every where.. Even in my little hick town many employers ask for thier facebook passwords before they hire... They asume they can tell what a person is all about by reading what they put on thier... To me it is a load of crap but people give it up thinking they will get a job.. I would bore the heck out of them but I wouldnt give it up, its my boring life not thiers..

RE: Job interview Thursday - bodybuilder1958 - 04-25-2012

They want all social networks visited and email. Well it's not going to happen, sorry, if that means no job so be it.
New Hampshire passed a law banning employers from asking for such information.

One person told me to set up another account and give them that. Nope, sorry because once you start it never ends.

RE: Job interview Thursday - Bummer Knees - 04-25-2012

BB I would think this would be a violation of civil rights, I am sure there is a law in place in regards to this.

I agree with Jayne, what I do is my business not the employer.