Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
On the pain scale one thru ten - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Area (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: On the pain scale one thru ten (/showthread.php?tid=13497)

Pages: 1 2

On the pain scale one thru ten - jayne - 04-08-2012

at which number are we allowed to cry?

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - monster1963 - 04-08-2012

Any number you want sweetie Sad If you're hurtin that bad the hell with numbers, just do whatever you need to do and know that we are here for you if you need us.
Any number you want sweetie Sad If you're hurtin that bad the hell with numbers, just do whatever you need to do and know that we are here for you if you need us.

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - AQA - 04-09-2012

Pain is pain, reguardless of the number. The number system is just the only way to explain how much pain we are in and for the other party to understand (dr.). There is no number for the effects that the pain has on us. Being at a level one long enough. Can bring people to tears. It is simply the emotional effects of the pain. One day at a time is all we can do, Jayne.

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - lucky - 04-09-2012

I have been in pain so long it has become a part of my "normal" Life. I hurt so bad today because I helped my wife wash her car. All that body motion runs my pain level to a 6 but the effects happened around 2 hours after I am finished.

Sweeping the floor because of body rotation hurts my back big time.

I base my pain scale with 10 being the pain I was in after my wreck and the day after surgery. That was Hell on Earth. I never want to go there again.

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - Bummer Knees - 04-09-2012

Jayne if crying helps with coping with the pain then do it! Just know I and others on this forum are praying for you.

After the knee replacement I did not do well with coping with the pain. The high pain lead to the depression and I knew it was time to talk to my doctor about what was going on.

That is why at this time I am trying to get the pain I experience under control before surgeries on the hands start. I do not want to take the pain I now experience and add to it by having surgery. If I need to delay surgery I will do so.

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - jayne - 04-09-2012

We need a new pain scale 1-10 is okay for normal people but we need 11-20 for the rest of us I am around 16 you know that one where you dont dare breathe very deep or eat anything or you will throw up from the pain just because you expanded your stomach enough to touch your spine....sips of water and vanilla wafers....someone with more brains than me must come up with a new scale for us.....

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - bodybuilder1958 - 04-09-2012

Jayne,

Forget the numbers, if crying helps or releases the frustrations then by all means.

I have a UTI and I've cried a couple of times today, hopefully it will be better quickly for both of us.

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - Cervical_Fusion - 04-09-2012

I hate that darn pain scale....

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - bronco54501 - 04-10-2012

Oh yeah, the good old pain scale.... It works great at first but really to me its garbage now.. I can remember being asked in pt where at is your pain..... Later I found out that not everyones scale was the same and I was under saying my pain to many drs scales.. I live with a pain level of 5 to 8 while being medicated, 5 is my normal after being up and about for 1 to 2 hours.. If laying in bed on my right side after time it drops to a 3 to 4. Dominick is the #1 reason I keep going, but there are days I could pull my hair out and wished it would have ended in the mva... Everyone has a breaking point and even being a guy, it often brings tears... But god has a reason why we carry such a load, and I keep saying the reward will be plentifull..

RE: On the pain scale one thru ten - jayne - 04-10-2012

I think I might understand cutters a bit I was pealing potatos for dinner and the knife slipped and cut my little finger to the bone.I swear to you it did not hurt and I could feel some of the pain from my body leaving thru the cut.Now I know thats impossiable I havent totally lost my mind but I do understand cutter better now....