Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion (/showthread.php?tid=12658)

second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - Mseries - 08-15-2011

in 2005 i had fallen from a piece of equipment, had left shoulder surgery rotator cuff repair and some other stuff done in the shoulder for that procuder, have had pain in the shoulder arm, neck and scapula areas for the last 5 years as well as tingling and numbness in the left arm, they decided the shoulder was the problem with the neck being a possability, emg ruled out nerve damage, mri shows disk bulging c5 c6, nov 2010 had epdideral spninal injectetion with relief, 3 weeks later was worse than before the injection, so july had shoulder surgery no relief of the previouse symptoms, was advised by WC IME cervical decompression, WC adjustor wanted another IME with same doctor, he confirmed what he orriginally said, so now have to wait for schedualing of the surgery for cervical decompression and fusion. so i was given a perminiant imperment rating for the first surgery, so will there be an additional rating again for the second surgery as well as one for the neck surgery?

RE: second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - jayne - 08-15-2011

what makes you think they will be any relief after cervical surgery?There are alot of us cervicals on here that will tell you you wont get any relief from it in fact it will lead to more breakdown of your neck....do some research before you let them touch your neck.
Bulging maybe can fixed without surgery.... as far as your other question please give us your state
I had the cervical surgery I got 3 whole days relief I believe that was from the drugs in the hospital since the surgery the disc below and the disc above have went due to the weight of my head and the weaking of the bone from the screws the Dr put in to hold the cage.....think hard and long before you do it...

RE: second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - 1171 - 08-15-2011

ratings are not given for treatments or surgeries.
ratings are for permanent impairments.
not all states give ratings and those that do have different rules.
if your doctor believes your impairment is greater, then possibly you will be given a higher rating.
if your impairments have been reduced, then maybe a lower rating.
don't know your state, can't speculate any more.

RE: second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - Mseries - 08-15-2011

(08-15-2011, 09:39 AM)jayne Wrote: what makes you think they will be any relief after cervical surgery?There are alot of us cervicals on here that will tell you you wont get any relief from it in fact it will lead to more breakdown of your neck....do some research before you let them touch your neck.
Bulging maybe can fixed without surgery.... as far as your other question please give us your state
I had the cervical surgery I got 3 whole days relief I believe that was from the drugs in the hospital since the surgery the disc below and the disc above have went due to the weight of my head and the weaking of the bone from the screws the Dr put in to hold the cage.....think hard and long before you do it...
with regard to the surgery i didb=nt mke clear the nerve root is being compressed since the vertabre is tipped, i am in Alaska to help with my question

RE: second shoulder surgery with new c6 c7 fusion - Bummer Knees - 08-17-2011

Compression of the nerve root does need to be addressed before it causes additional problems.

I had an ACDF of C5-6 February of this year. I have seen some improvements since surgery, I went for ben a 10 on the pain scale 90% of the time to having about 3 migraine days a week.