Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
radio frequency, any had it? - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: radio frequency, any had it? (/showthread.php?tid=12244)

Pages: 1 2

radio frequency, any had it? - FunPops - 05-18-2011

Coolmine is tuesday, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions. ill let ya know how it went. woohooo

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - Manley2 - 05-18-2011

Both the wife and I have had it. I love it. Have it about every 9 months to a year for one side and not as often for the other. For me it helps with the pain. So on the one side I think I've had it 5 times now.

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - bronco54501 - 05-19-2011

I have had a total of 5, and in the facets I seen relief. It can be painfull but well worth the benifits. I hope you get good relief...

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - freebird - 05-20-2011

I have had the facet nerve burnings numerous times for pain relief. It can really be painful but "at times" has worked well for me.

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - FunPops - 05-21-2011

cool guys thanks for the replies. so this isnt like cortizone shots that seems to help nobody.

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - Manley2 - 05-21-2011

RF helps me with the pain, like I said I have it about every 9 months to a year. Hate the block shots they use to tell if RF will help you or not. Tried to get WC to just let me have the RF last time and not the 2 blocks before that but they said no. So they paid the extra money for nothing because we still did the RF. If they want to keep this up it will just add to the total they are going to have to pay over time

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - bronco54501 - 05-21-2011

FunPops, just be prepared... a good dr will numb you up good before procedure, a bad one still numbs you but doesnt wait long enough before proceding with the rfa. The first pain clinic I went to told me not to medicate, because I needed to be alert on the nerves to make sure they hit the right 1.. It can be very painfull to wait 90 sec for each nerve to complete the ablation.. I advise you to medicate 1 to 2 hours before procedure.. The second painclinic told me to medicate, glad they switched me... But, let us know your expierence after your appoinment... I hope you get good results....

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - freebird - 05-21-2011

(05-21-2011, 05:11 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: FunPops, just be prepared... a good dr will numb you up good before procedure, a bad one still numbs you but doesnt wait long enough before proceding with the rfa. The first pain clinic I went to told me not to medicate, because I needed to be alert on the nerves to make sure they hit the right 1.. It can be very painfull to wait 90 sec for each nerve to complete the ablation.. I advise you to medicate 1 to 2 hours before procedure.. The second painclinic told me to medicate, glad they switched me... But, let us know your expierence after your appoinment... I hope you get good results....

I have had this same experience numerous times! +1

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - FunPops - 05-24-2011

well that was fun...lol. i didnt medicate beforehand as i was out of meds. they numbed me up but then began the procedure almost immediately. half way through i was just about cracking up because it was just amusing for some reason. the whole thing wasn't awful but at times it was very painful, i have a decent threshold for pain too. if i get good results from this (which I think i will) this is better an option than surgery. right now (2 hours removed) im very sore with shooting pains and almost what feels like a pulled muscle. by the time they got to the 3rd nerve i didnt feel much, maybe the lidocaine had begun to work. if only they had waited lol. oh well. overall if this works im a happy guy Smile

RE: radio frequency, any had it? - FunPops - 05-25-2011

sore....very very sore.