Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums
Case Settled - Printable Version

+- Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general)
+-- Forum: Category (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Injured Worker Forum (https://www.workerscompensation.com/forums/general/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Case Settled (/showthread.php?tid=10303)

Pages: 1 2

Case Settled - rebel_1961 - 05-13-2010

I am not a big poster on here but I am a big reader of the Great information you guys have provided.My case went all the way to court yesterday and just before I had to get on the stand, the IC attorney wanted to speak with the judge and my attorneys. Well 10 minutes later they all came out and one of my attorneys came over and asked if I would take an offer. It was alot more than we anticipated , so we jumped on it! Now from being days away from losing my house, Im going to pay it off and put money in my savings account. Thanks to all of you! Rebel

RE: Case Settled - Regrets - 05-13-2010

Bless You Rebel!! Your Journey into w/c He** is Over, and You are going to Come out of it at Least Monetarily O.K. Your Stress Level will go Down, and You won't have to Constantly be Looking Over Your Shoulder!! Congratulations!Smile

RE: Case Settled - Bad Boy Bad Boy - 05-13-2010

Way to go Rebel, as this is very good news to hear at the Forum.

I agree pay your home off, and get out from under what you can.

I might issue a warning also. Many that settle are broke in or within 5 years. I say use caution, think things out well. Save some money for those rainy days, as there will be many of them. Stay away from those Credit Cards. Use interest Bearing Checking accounts.

I wish you future luck....Cool

RE: Case Settled - inpainokla - 05-13-2010

warnings lmao...i say congrats on your great news..i hope you and your family find someway to use that money to enjoy eachother

inpainokla
Whats so funny about warnings? What I said about going broke in 5 years is so very true of a fact.

RE: Case Settled - inpainokla - 05-13-2010

oh it just reminded me of what my dad says to me when it comes to spending and saving money..freaks me out when he does it bc im much better with money than he is..but i guess its just a fatherly instinct

inpainokla Wrote:oh it just reminded me of what my dad says to me when it comes to spending and saving money..freaks me out when he does it bc im much better with money than he is..but i guess its just a fatherly instinct

Well that is funny. But the reports on injured workers and settlements shows a high percent going broke before 5 years after a settlement. Many in which go Bankrupt too.

RE: Case Settled - rebel_1961 - 05-13-2010

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:inpainokla
Whats so funny about warnings? What I said about going broke in 5 years is so very true of a fact.

I totally understand where youre coming from BadBoy. Ive been fighting this mess for going on 5 years and I have to get the up keep back on my house and land. Its just been let go all that time. As far as saving, $ Im going to invest a portion in precious metals, gold- silver ect. till this economy gets on its feet one day.

Well, I haven't settled yet I watch my Stock ticker everyday a few times. Metals are high right now...

RE: Case Settled - inpainokla - 05-14-2010

rebel_1961 Wrote:I am not a big poster on here but I am a big reader of the Great information you guys have provided.My case went all the way to court yesterday and just before I had to get on the stand, the IC attorney wanted to speak with the judge and my attorneys. Well 10 minutes later they all came out and one of my attorneys came over and asked if I would take an offer. It was alot more than we anticipated , so we jumped on it! Now from being days away from losing my house, Im going to pay it off and put money in my savings account. Thanks to all of you! Rebel

sounds like we hadf the same injury and the same surgery i hope i get a good enough settlement to pay off my house and put some in savings!!