Workers' Compensation Discussion Forums

Full Version: Neck Pain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I had some body changes. I was laying down restiong on the couch. While laying their I felt a change taking place in my neck. Iwas as tho things were moving or shifting around. This went on for approximately to minutes. The neck pain starting decreasing and then I starting feeling as tho the muscles in my shoulders were more relaxed. I was afraid to move, as I had not felt like this in years. I continued to relax and lay there for some time. After sometime of not moving I got up and to my suprise my neck felt like it had not felt in years,. My shoulders are now back where they shouldbe. I am standing straight and not hunched over and I am having less pain in the arms, neck and shoulders. This continued all throught the evening yesterday, when I went to bed last night i was of course sore but for the first time in years I actually slept all night. Did not wake up because of pain nor did I not have to getup and go to the bath room. This morning my neck and shoulders are again like they were yesterday after I felt the change going on. I have taken my pain meds today and they are working great for the neck less pain than I have had in god knows how long.
Now my question what would of made this change in my neck after years of cervical issues and 2 seperate cervical fusions. First fusion in 2003 and the 2nd fusion in 2009. I am not saying I am all healed LOL but this is the best I have felt in a long long time. With me holding my neck and shoulders straight and in place my lumbar disc issues are feeling some different to.. It is like the entire body has gone throught something.
Next question maybe some one here who works in the medical field might be able to answer. Would an antibotic make some kind of change in the human body to cause this to happen. Say would an antibotic have an effect on maybe inflamation caused by arthritis. or or anything that would be in the neck or shoulders.
The reason I ask about the antibiotic is I have been having prostate iuused and have been on an antibotic now for 2 weeks. This is the first time I have taken any antibiotics in years and I can not remember ever taking one for 2 weeks, Could being on this strong antibiotic play an effect on my entire body. Just all of this happeing I fill maybe it has done something.
I would like to hear from you guys on your opinions of this. I do have a dr appointment with my family dr next week and I will discuss this with him.
Awesome!

Sure hope it last for you CF!
I don't know if I should say congrats to you or pinch you so you wake up. Either way, I'm happy for you and hope it sticks around.. I have no clue why the antibiotic would help, unless you have had some kind of infection just hanging in the area.. I know when I had a infection in the elbow it was misery, felt like bone spurs.. But one way to look at this is a gift from god for all the suffering you have been through..
I do not know if it is the antibiotic that made the change. I guess the change is something to do with the nerve pain. I slbiop0ept all night again last night. I don't feel today like I need to be in bed, I feel like I can at least get up and maybe try my luck at helping the wife around the house, It has been totaly ignored as she works 3rd shift, I am here all day and did nothing except lay around. Now might be my time to help her some. I am excited the pain has changed it is really hard to explain other than things feel different than they have for the past 10 plus years. I still have neck and shoulder pain along with low back and leg and arm pain, just with out the nerve pain??? if that is what is missing now. I feel like a different person actually I hope this does stay and does not go back to the way it was. I am sitting and standing better, chest out and shoulders back, my sitting posture has drastically improved. I finished the antibiotic this morning, this Friday I will go the lab at the hospital and have blood work done, and to include a PSA test. Next Tueday I go back to my personal Physician for the results from the PSA terst and hope it all comes out good and do not have to have a biopscy done. also the same day I will see my pain mgnt dr. My meds right now are working bettter than they ever have. but I think again it is because of the nerve pain diminishing, I feel I need to tell the pain Dr about the pain changing but I do not want him to mess with my meds right now....any input or suggestions from you guys....
Hey the weather has finally broke here in Ohio and we have been around 70 degrees every day starting back with the week end. It is nice to go out and have my coffee outside again. I take my coffee and the dog out early and sit and enjoy the morning But the dog does make me play ball with him. I am ready to definately move and my wife said this morning that she is ready to live in Myrtle Beach. First time she has said that without any hestiataion. Now if WC will finish the settlement with me that they started over a year and half ago. We are ready now.
(04-09-2013, 03:12 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know if it is the antibiotic that made the change. I guess the change is something to do with the nerve pain. I slbiop0ept all night again last night. I don't feel today like I need to be in bed, I feel like I can at least get up and maybe try my luck at helping the wife around the house, It has been totaly ignored as she works 3rd shift, I am here all day and did nothing except lay around. Now might be my time to help her some. I am excited the pain has changed it is really hard to explain other than things feel different than they have for the past 10 plus years. I still have neck and shoulder pain along with low back and leg and arm pain, just with out the nerve pain??? if that is what is missing now. I feel like a different person actually I hope this does stay and does not go back to the way it was. I am sitting and standing better, chest out and shoulders back, my sitting posture has drastically improved. I finished the antibiotic this morning, this Friday I will go the lab at the hospital and have blood work done, and to include a PSA test. Next Tueday I go back to my personal Physician for the results from the PSA terst and hope it all comes out good and do not have to have a biopscy done. also the same day I will see my pain mgnt dr. My meds right now are working bettter than they ever have. but I think again it is because of the nerve pain diminishing, I feel I need to tell the pain Dr about the pain changing but I do not want him to mess with my meds right now....any input or suggestions from you guys....
Hey the weather has finally broke here in Ohio and we have been around 70 degrees every day starting back with the week end. It is nice to go out and have my coffee outside again. I take my coffee and the dog out early and sit and enjoy the morning But the dog does make me play ball with him. I am ready to definately move and my wife said this morning that she is ready to live in Myrtle Beach. First time she has said that without any hestiataion. Now if WC will finish the settlement with me that they started over a year and half ago. We are ready now.

I wouldn't completely tell your pm dr how much better other than you have been noticing change.. I can remember talking with an older man at pt one day, he was injured many years ago.. He is not pain free, but he told me in the years to come maybe 3 to 5 years or maybe longer 1 day I would wake up and realize the pain is not that bad.. I don't know about you's, but I'm still waiting for that day..

I hope they get that ball rolling for you's again, as with me too..
(03-25-2020, 11:21 PM)masmason Wrote: [ -> ]I am glad to hear that you are no longer suffering from neck pain. I'm still on my way! My physical therapist asked me to do specific stretching exercises for my stiff neck and use a heating pad. One of them is to look straight ahead, pull the chin back as far as possible, hold it for 10 seconds, then slowly release it, repeat 10 times. This action helped me a lot, I hope it can help others.

I do this exercise every morning while I wait for my coffee to be ready in my property in Sicily and I love it. I had to start doing different exercises for my neck and back because I was suffering from severe migraines. And now 6 months later I fell really better, of course I still have some headaches from time to time but not that often and I am really happy.