Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

just back from pain management all new meds

hi everyone just wanted to update ppl about the new meds im on see if any one else is taking them and what they think..morphine sulfur ir 15 mg 2 times a day--morfine sulfer 30 mg twice daily--gabapentin 300mg--and boclofen 10 mg 3 times a day..all this is new to me as i have never taken any of them i think i was on a morphine pump just after surgery but that the only experiance ive had with it

SETTLED!!!

I have, but not in the doses your taking.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Not as elegant as taking other morphine preps that last all day.

what in the world is that supposed to mean?

SETTLED!!!

inpainokla Wrote:hi everyone just wanted to update ppl about the new meds im on see if any one else is taking them and what they think..morphine sulfur ir 15 mg 2 times a day--morfine sulfer 30 mg twice daily--gabapentin 300mg--and boclofen 10 mg 3 times a day..all this is new to me as i have never taken any of them i think i was on a morphine pump just after surgery but that the only experiance ive had with it

You probably mean morphine sulfate- The morphine sulfate IR means immediate release so you get quick pain relief within 15 -30 min probably lasts 4-6hrs the other morphine sulfate is probably long acting MS Contin like extended release provides near 12hr pain relief at a time. the gabapentin is also neurontin is generally used for seizure disorders but also is used for nerve pain. The baclofen is a muscle relaxant all your doses are relatively low doses but all will make you drowsy if you have never taken them before and can be very constipating

the morphine 30 mg is extended release..ive been on norkos for a lil over a year now and am wondering if the morphine will be better or just as good at releiving the pain as they were..ive only been taking them for today and they make me really cloudy fealing..if they do not work as well do pm dr's usually listen to there patients and try to find something better for them..ive been doing alot of reading and most ppl prefer the norcos/hydrocodone over the morphine but the pm dr said this is a better medication for long term chronic pain so ill just give em a shot and see how it goes..he seemed to be more worried about the gabapentin and its side affects if not taken correctly

SETTLED!!!

I t means that MS sulfate is an outdated and not particularly effective med when compared to the once a day morphines with built in abuse prevention or even the semi-synthetic opiates that avoid all the morphine side effects. IT is cheap though.

AND if you are taking the 15mg more than once every other day or so see my post about the problems of short and long acting opiates.

inpainokla Wrote:what in the world is that supposed to mean?

Cycler, what post on (problems of short and long acting opiates)?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

i would consider this morphine much longer acting than the norcos i was on before which my body had devoloped a strong dependency for..i was taking 2 norcos every 4-6 hours and 2 tramadol every 4-6 hours to even touch my pain..this morning was the first morning in a long time i woke up with litle to no pain whatsoever and didnt have to pop 2 norkos and 2 tramadol just so i could stand up strait and im 100% sure its due to the time realeased morphine although i did wake up pretty drousy when im on the morphine i do not feal euphoric as i did on the other meds which i welcome scince the pain releif is and was my only goal from taking these medications..so im extreamly pleased for the first time in a long time so far

SETTLED!!!

yeah i was looking for that post to and failed to find it

SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by redsoxfan
05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Last Post by Ar1999
02-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post by Manley2
02-23-2013, 10:56 PM