Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

referal for pain management withdrawn by dr

im having trouble undertanding this..my dr called me one day and said they were going to contact the insurance carrier and recommend painmanagement..called the insurance company one day just curious as to were we were at with this and the adjuster told me that the referal had been withdrawn by the dr's office stating they are taking care of my pain and do not need pain management at this point...has anyone ever experianced this before??

SETTLED!!!

Your dr. may have spoken with the pain management dr. and they decided that your treating dr. can prescribe the meds. you need and there is no purpose for the pain management dr..

The only reason I see the pm dr. is because he installed the scs. If it wasn't for that I would not see him. My treating dr. can prescribe the meds. I take.

Take Care

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I totally agree with AQA...if I need a trigger point injection which has become far and few between I see my PM DR. otherwise my PCP does all my prescribing.

My PCP became my PM but he keeps in constant contact with the PM docs in Tulsa rather than me have a 7 hour round trip drive...when the time comes that meds cant take care of it I hope medicare lets me go to Ft Smith AR only 50 miles away WC insisted I stay in Okla to get treatment is why my PCP took it over sounded stupid to me as it cost them more money to send me so far....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

wow 7 hours jayne..i guess im lucky i only have a 10 min trip...but my only thing is i have been on these same meds for almost a year and im getting so used to them that there not really working and i tell my dr and his nurse and its just like its in one ear and out the other it gets really frustrating but i do have an appointment thursday the 3rd so i will see what happens thenRolleyes

SETTLED!!!

My Back Surgery Failed due to Scar Tissue, and I'm Left with a Crushed S1 Nerve Root Encapsulated in Scar Tissue and at this Point will Never Heal. My Pain is Chronic, and it takes Me 21 Pills a Day to just be able to Walk, and do Minor Chores. I need a PM Dr. to Monitor My Meds. and Change Them as Needed, and I go to My PCP for Blood work to keep an Eye on My Liver. Maybe it was Discussed, and the Dr.'s and Your NCM, if You have one, may not Feel You are Ready for Pain Management Yet! My Opinion, on the 3rd, have You Dr. Explain in Detail why this was Changed, and tell Them about Your Meds. not Working as Well. Maybe that would Help, and I Wish You the Very Best!!Wink

thank you still i will do that..have a merry x-mas and hopefully a pain free one

SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by sonny1
03-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Last Post by BooBoosNeck
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Last Post by jayne
12-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Last Post by FunPops
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM