Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Help regarding retired injured person

i retired from Ford motor company with an injured back, the injury was at work and i made a claim. i was told that i could sue for injuries after i retired. now i'm receiving a pension and would like to know if i can sue workmans comp for my injuries. I live in Michigan.

no. workers compensation is the exclusive remedy against and employer for a work injury.
depending on the statute of limitations yo may still have time to file a work comp claim for injuries during the time you were employed.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
04-28-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post by 1171
04-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post by 1171
03-28-2015, 06:31 PM

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)