Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I survived the epidural!
Brick 

Had the epidural on wednesday, all I can say is "I'm so glad it over with!" The only thing that caught me off guard was 2 things really..1. the doctor came up to me before the procedure and said I will be doing several levels (C2-T3) I told him the authorization said C6-T2 he said my office took care of that (not)! the other thing is that when I was on the table belly down, they had me slide off the table on my belly to get off the table once the procedure was done. Weird I thought! I got to the recovery area, they took out my lock, (no IV) and then BP and told me it was time to go home, I wasn't in recovery 10 minutes that I was out the door! The same day I get a phone call from the surgeons office to check on me and I told her that the Pain doc did all the levels, she said "we are going to have problems with work comp!" I look at it, as its not my problem, its up to them to communicate with work comp...so I have all my notes from what everyone said so it doesn't come back to haunt me...
So, right now my upper back is swollen, the injection site looks like a large mosquito bite! Other than that I feel so much better.
Just thought I would update you!Smile

Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

sounds like you have been put thru the ringer praying it gives you just what your needing take care

worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

I've had 4 epidurals, the first 3 my health insurance paid for.

The last epidural the office staff did not get prior approval from the insurance company before the procedure, and the insurance company did not pay.
This is sad because at this time the insurance company was paying 100% of my medical bills.

The doctor that did the procedure ended up having to write off the charges.

I'm glad it's done with and over. Did they tell you, these shots are to be in a series of 3?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BB...no they didn't they just said that this was to alleviate the swelling so that when I see the surgeon on thursday the xrays will not show the inflammation. They said that T1-2 is a mild subluxation and a very slight subluxation on T2-3.
The DX is:
  1. cervical instability
  2. thoracic instability
  3. stenosis. cervicothoracic region
  4. arthrodesis, cervical C4 to sacrum
  5. neuropathic pain
    So that's the news...so to speak. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers! My love & support to you all!Smile

Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Babe...glad it's over with for you, I know you were nervous. Sounds like a painful dx. Prayers will stay with you. Keep us posted.

CAP

So how do you feel? I am so happy to hear everything went well. I will be going for my 2nd gangloin block on Wed. I was just curious how it worked for you, and if you got any relief.

carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

As Bad Boy posted mine was a series of 3 epidurals. After the 3rd epidural the doctor did a discogram, and then an epidural in a different area.

I Hope Your Pain is Alleviated for a While, unfortunately My ESI Shots didn't Work, so I Hope Yours Lasts a Good Long Time!! My ESI's were for the L5/S1 Area, but the Scar Tissue was so Thick, even Under Fluoroscopy My PM Dr. could not get the Needle Through to the Crushed S1 Nerve Root. (That is still Surrounded by Scar Tissue and Crushed to this Day) So The Dr. found 3 Nerves that Traveled to the S1 Nerve, and gave Me a Series of 4 Shots into Each of those Nerves, Hoping it would get to the S1 Root, and Possibly through the Crushed Area. So I went 3 Times, and Received a Total of 12 Shots Each Time, for a Total of 36 Shots into the Nerves in My Spine!! The i/c Made Me go through all 3 Sets, even though We Told them they weren't Working, but that is Their Protocol when Dealing with a Spinal Issue such as Mine, and if I would have Turned these Down, they could have Taken My Benefits Away!! The Last Time I Walked Out of Recovery and through the Waiting Room, My Legs gave Out, and My 70 Yer Old Father had to Catch Me!! Talk about being Tortured, I Swear they did this just to try and Make Me Give Up!! Good Luck with Yours, and Please Keep Us Informed on whether they are Working!!Wink

Babe,

I hope that this will find you with some relief from the ESI that you got yesterday. Like Still, I can no longer get ESI's, but mine is for another reason. When I had my ESI in the summer of '05 I had a reaction to it and ended up in the hospital for a week, and was diagnosed with diabetes and had problems with my heart as well as bloating up like a friggin weather balloon.

Let us know how things are going.

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by red1030
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Last Post by Lilly
08-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post by Bummer Knees
09-08-2007, 09:15 PM