Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discogram

I had my third epidural this morning and it went well, the doctor injected a little higher on the spine then in the past.

After reviewing my progress & pain levels the doctor decided the next course of treatment is a discogram.

I really don't want this procedure done but am trying to keep an open mind. I am looking for information on discograms or would like to hear about your expereinces with having a discogram.

Thanks,
Bummer Knees

http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarti...le646.html

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BK, I can only share the experience of a good friend of mine. He had one done about a month ago.

The diskogram is a procedure where the disk in your spine are pessurized. You will be awake during the procedure. The pressure is applied to the disk, if the disk is weak, or bulging it will press on the nerve.

He told me it wasn't to bad

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

My concern is the discogram is another injection procedure. Recently I've had 3 epidural injections.

Is it safe to have a discogram?

I had 2 a year ago....they were done at a pain clinic we went in he gave me an IV they put some calming meds in and I dozed till I felt pain I told him oww oww and he went on.... while I felt the pain and told him I felt it.... I really didnt either does that make sense? After the test he shot me up with some really good stuff and I slept all the way home 3 1/2 hrs ....it was sore for a day or two afterwards...these test found 4 disc that were damaged that the MRI didnt show real well.....While I have heard horror stories about this test....if done by someone who knows what they are doing you will be in a twilight sleep and not be to uncomfortable the worst part will be the starting of the IV and the soreness afterwards....Is a pain clinic doing yours?

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bummer, I wish I could Help you with Your Question, but I never had that Test done. All I can give is Moral Support, and Hope everything Goes Well!! I'm glad this ESI seems to be working, and Please keep us Informed!!Wink

Thanks Jayne for the answer. Yes, a pain clinc/surgery center will be doing mine. Two doctors do the procedures together. One is doctor in anesthesology. (sorry about the spelling)
My MRI showed some problems but not big issues.

Still In Limbo shared with me some information about injections.
I hope he answers this post, I want to know if the solution used in the injection places me at risk along with having 3 recent steriod injections.

Thanks Still In Limbo. having the moral support from you is great.

Hope your day is going well.

I did so like my doc he was a nice pain free thinker......he wanted honest tests these test hurt but if done right at a pain clinic/hospital they are not so bad.....like I said the worst part on mine was getting the IV...

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks Stiffneck and Jayne.

I really don't want to have this procedure done, guess I am tired of being poked after 3 MRI's, 1 CT Scan, 3 epidural injections, 2 cortizone shots,
1 PET Scan, and 1 biopsy all since last December.

Pain clinc is to contact me once we have my personal health insurance gives approval for the discorgam which is scheduled for next Wednesday.

I go to court next month to address treatment of my back by wc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jayc123
03-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Last Post by jayc123
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post by tpm
11-21-2007, 04:14 PM