Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Got an offer and I am not happy with Lawyer

Well I got a call from my lawyers assistance saying there is a case update. I call and she says they made an offer, which sucked of course, and they are sending over settlement papers. Like she expected me to sign without any counsel from the lawyer and this is the FIRST offer. So I ask her, does the lawyer think this is a good offer? She said, oh yes and if I continue I risk having the offered getting lowered....thats exactly what the Insurance company would say. Plus why would a lawyer not contact the client himself when an offer comes in. So I am meeting with the lawyer on monday but I think I am gonna have to fire him,...am I overreacting?

Husky

(05-14-2021, 08:15 PM)HuskyLover Wrote:  Well I got a call from my lawyers assistance saying there is a case update. I call and she says they made an offer, which sucked of course, and they are sending over settlement papers. Like she expected me to sign without any counsel from the lawyer and this is the FIRST offer. So I ask her, does the lawyer think this is a good offer? She said, oh yes and if I continue I risk having the offered getting lowered....thats exactly what the Insurance company would say. Plus why would a lawyer not contact the client himself when an offer comes in. So I am meeting with the lawyer on monday but I think I am gonna have to fire him,...am I overreacting?

Husky

Maybe.
What state?
Workers comp is not negligence or civil liability.
Benefits are modest; most $$ goes to doctors and wage replacement not settlement.
How do you know its the first offer? generally there is a lot of back and forth depending on the issues before there is agreement and papers sent.
You will still have to pay this atty part of the fee for their past representation.
Yes, You should talk to the atty about why they thonk its ab fair offer.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-15-2021, 01:14 AM)1171 Wrote:  
(05-14-2021, 08:15 PM)HuskyLover Wrote:  Well I got a call from my lawyers assistance saying there is a case update. I call and she says they made an offer, which sucked of course, and they are sending over settlement papers. Like she expected me to sign without any counsel from the lawyer and this is the FIRST offer. So I ask her, does the lawyer think this is a good offer? She said, oh yes and if I continue I risk having the offered getting lowered....thats exactly what the Insurance company would say. Plus why would a lawyer not contact the client himself when an offer comes in. So I am meeting with the lawyer on monday but I think I am gonna have to fire him,...am I overreacting?

Husky

Maybe.
What state?
Workers comp is not negligence or civil liability.
Benefits are modest; most $$ goes to doctors and wage replacement not settlement.
How do you know its the first offer? generally there is a lot of back and forth depending on the issues before there is agreement and papers sent.
You will still have to pay this atty part of the fee for their past representation.
Yes, You should talk to the atty about why they thonk its ab fair offer.

Ca...Are you telling me that an insurance company can make an offer and the lawyer can reject it without informing the client? Seems strange. We talk on monday so we will see. thank you for your reply

Most attys negotiate issues, strategies, & options before they get to an $$ amount. There is more then 1 settlement option.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.