Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Frustrated

NYS. Its very confusing how PA opinions can be accepted when they have not physically evaluated you, nor read your medicals..Especially when it was only an intake so you could get an appointment to see the Dr!

The doctor has to sign off on them; a physicians assistant can’t give disabiliry on their own.
If you think there has been an error talk to your doctor or change to another.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-10-2021, 11:23 PM)1171 Wrote:  The doctor has to sign off on them; a physicians assistant can’t give disabiliry on their own.
If you think there has been an error talk to your doctor or change to another.

Initially, the PA did. Well before it was submitted to NY. It was on the copy I requested of Office Summary/Notes which is how I caught it. The PA signed full signature. I had not even been seen by the Dr, nor given an EMG yet. She exclaimed to me she had NO medical sent over to review (from other DR's), although I told her what issues I have had for 2.5 years, and did not even examine me what so ever. The Dr had not even met with me at that point.

In any event, I finally got in to see him after he did my EMG, and he would give me no opinions on additional surgery needed which is why I went to him in the first place, nor did he refer me to a Neuro surgeon. He was very dismissive for my WC issue. However, I was also diagnosed for carpal tunnel now with my own insurance and he had no issues referring me and giving opinions. WC patients are like the red headed step child of the medical world!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by California_Help
09-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Last Post by Manley2
02-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Last Post by Kuku
05-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Last Post by PainandSmiles
01-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post by BooBoosNeck
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM