Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Do I have to payback Overpayment of Workman’s comp Calif.


Back in 7/22/02 I went on disability for a knee injury and had surgery, the insurance company is saying they overpaid me ( letter states because I am not permanently disabled which I never claimed to be) until 5/2004 but I don’t remember receiving payment until then because I went back to work with the same employer approximately April 2003. Also, I moved from the address they were sending checks to in October 2003.

I have paid them back about $2,000 over the years and they keep sending letters to my employer (which is still the same employer )and to me “requesting” payment.

Is this something I am legally obligated to pay back?
Do they have any legal recourse to collect this from me?
What is the law in California? I have since moved to Georgia.

Thank you!

no there is no legal obligation to repay them. they can however claim credit against any additional amounts due on the claim.

it's difficult to believe you had surgery with no Permanent Disability and no need for future medical treatment--(that's probably why they made advance payments.)
have they provided you with a copy of the cashed checks?
if not, ask for them.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
08-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post by 1171
04-15-2019, 11:49 PM
Last Post by 1171
09-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Last Post by 1171
08-20-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post by 1171
07-28-2018, 06:45 PM
Last Post by 1171
04-27-2018, 02:32 PM

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)