Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability?

1171........Thanks much for responding. I'm from NY. Was covered from a leasing company driving a yellow taxi. The reason I'm coming to these chat rooms (the first). I've heard from a manager at a new job that I might receive a good sum. I'm worried that this whole situation is taking so long; 8 years. Apparently the lawyer I retained for the personal injury suite referred the W.C. lawyer i have now. I didn't even know that I qualified for W.C. renting a taxi by the shift.

I forgot about the situation for years. I received no money. Now out of the blue I hear from the W.C. attorney. I did not want to accept a settlement without at least getting some advice from someone. My personal injury settlement for my knee was 75 g. In NY over 50 g get deducted from the W.C. settlement.

Should I take the first offer??? Any help will be appreciated

Nightdriver

I posted the second post twice because I did not get a response from anyone. Any help would be appreciated

Nightdriver

"you should start a new thread unless you are helping the original poster of this thread with their issues."

start a new thread.
do not hijack another poster's topic.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I've never been in a chat room before. ....workmen's comp. or not sorry.

Nightdriver

Hi im in california. Im on workers comp for 8 weeks and i got an email from the workers comp that they overpaid me. Do i have to pay them back??

Not really. The over payment can be held as a credit against any future benefits that might accrue. Sometimes your employer will be notified.
Most times they’ll write it off; they have a special account for $$$ spent and not charged to policy.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM