Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability?

(04-04-2014, 11:44 AM)Manley2 Wrote:  They are not refusing to pay they just aren't paying. They have been sent the bills but just don't pay them. They made a payment in Jan 2013 for my meds in 2012 because they were a year behind paying then. They called my pharmacy around then and told them we had settled, took a phone call to my lawyer to get them to change that. Funny thing was they had not even made an offer at that point. They have tried so many stupid little things. The only medical treatment they have fought over the last 5 years was the last RF treatment I had. Not sure why this is the only thing they have fought but yet making medicare pay for everything.
As for the medicare this started a year after I had PT. I got a statement from medicare saying they had been billed the $20,000 for my water PT. I phoned medicare and said they should not be paying that bill and after they looked into it they said they had a agreement to pay these bills and get it back in a settlement. Okay what ever, but it was after this that their lawyer told mine they were not wanting to settle and to just keep things as they were.

I think your attorney need's to take action to get your medication issues taken care of.

I understand you like your doctor, however in my opinion he is not doing you any favors by stating you can work, when your condition has worsened, and gave into the insurance companies requests. Doctor's are supposed to take care of the patient. This doctor is risking your SSDI (IMO).

No employee can sue their employer for a work related injury. (response to your post above)

If you drop work comp, you may be stuck with paying for future medical, if SSDI sates it is not their responsibility. I would not do it. I think your attorney should help you with this current situation with your medications, and doctor.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

If your talking about my doctor he is not saying I can work. But on the meds I think he likes to let it build up so if he takes it to WC they pay a fee for late payment and he gets a percent. He is getting all the bills together now that medicare has paid and what is owed for the meds and once he gets this he will make a demand for them to pay this.

Now in the original post his doctor said he released him for lite duty and that is why I said he needed to be careful because SSDI might stop payments

Hope that makes since

(04-05-2014, 08:51 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  If your talking about my doctor he is not saying I can work. But on the meds I think he likes to let it build up so if he takes it to WC they pay a fee for late payment and he gets a percent. He is getting all the bills together now that medicare has paid and what is owed for the meds and once he gets this he will make a demand for them to pay this.

Now in the original post his doctor said he released him for lite duty and that is why I said he needed to be careful because SSDI might stop payments

Hope that makes since

I apologize Manley2, that response was meant for "PanthersRowell, with his doctor sending him back to work. I have not learned how to quote two different posts yet and my response is confusing.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

In response to the topic if work comp can send their information to SSDI and get an injured worker taken off of SSDI, is something that I would refer to a attorney. SSDI and workers compensation look at different things as far as considering disability.

The state's workers' comp agency, that ultimately decides disputes in work comp claims, is not bound by the determinations made with SSDI. In turn The Social Security Administration is not bound by the determinations made by the state's work comp agency

This is a link that discuses my state, and if SSDI information can be used in a workers compensation case, which is opposite of what was being discussed above. It does show how SSA determines disability differently than workers compensation.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/...-case.aspx

This is my first post with W/C .com........im working at the libary for lack of a home computer. im on ssidis. and have neverreceived a penny from WC. i'v had a sc esq for 8 ys.. my wc esq. was referred by my p.i. wsq.. i was a nyc cab driver working on a per shift / leese basis. my wsq. is talk about a settlement after 8 ys. howmuch would i be looking at. any help would be appreciated.....nightdriver

(04-06-2014, 01:25 PM)nightdriver Wrote:  This is my first post with W/C .com........im working at the libary for lack of a home computer. im on ssidis. and have neverreceived a penny from WC. i'v had a wc esq for 8 ys.. my wc esq. was referred by my p.injury. esq.. i was a nyc cab driver working on a per shift / leese basis. my wc esq.. is talking about a settlement after 8 ys. how much would i be looking at? any help would be appreciated.....nightdriver

(04-06-2014, 01:25 PM)nightdriver Wrote:  This is my first post with W/C .com........im working at the libary for lack of a home computer. im on ssidis. and have neverreceived a penny from WC. i'v had a wc esq for 8 ys.. my wc esq. was referred by my p.injury. esq.. i was a nyc cab driver working on a per shift / leese basis. my wc esq.. is talking about a settlement after 8 ys. how much would i be looking at? any help would be appreciated.....nightdriver

we can tell you are new at this.
read a few other posts to see how this site works.
you should start a new thread unless you are helping the original poster of this thread with their issues.
don't use too many abbreviations; each of the 50 states has their own comp system and it confuses those that come here to find help with their problem.
settlements are based on outstanding benefits that might be owed.
figure that out and you might get an idea of what your claim is worth.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171........Thanks much for responding. I'm from NY. Was covered from a leasing company driving a yellow taxi. The reason I'm coming to these chat rooms (the first). I've heard from a manager at a new job that I might receive a good sum. I'm worried that this whole situation is taking so long; 8 years. Apparently the lawyer I retained for the personal injury suite referred the W.C. lawyer i have now. I didn't even know that I qualified for W.C. renting a taxi by the shift.

I forgot about the situation for years. I received no money. Now out of the blue I hear from the W.C. attorney. I did not want to accept a settlement without at least getting some advice from someone. My personal injury settlement for my knee was 75 g. In NY over 50 g get deducted from the W.C. settlement.

Should I take the first offer??? Any help will be appreciated

Nightdriver

1171........Thanks much for responding. I'm from NY. Was covered from a leasing company driving a yellow taxi. The reason I'm coming to these chat rooms (the first). I've heard from a manager at a new job that I might receive a good sum. I'm worried that this whole situation is taking so long; 8 years. Apparently the lawyer I retained for the personal injury suite referred the W.C. lawyer i have now. I didn't even know that I qualified for W.C. renting a taxi by the shift.

I forgot about the situation for years. I received no money. Now out of the blue I hear from the W.C. attorney. I did not want to accept a settlement without at least getting some advice from someone. My personal injury settlement for my knee was 75 g. In NY over 50 g get deducted from the W.C. settlement.

Should I take the first offer??? Any help will be appreciated

Nightdriver

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM