Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability?

(04-03-2014, 09:57 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  You can like him but if he released you for lite duty and you don't want to see another doctor this is all you have. He can still be treating you, just see another doctor for a separate opinion

I am still under his doctor care right now.

Check this out I was prescribed a cain and walk with it too. lol! Interesting huh? Yeah, this one is different from the average case to have last this long I've been told, but I was also told my case is like the 2% that isn't ever settled. I just hope that's not true because I'd like to atleast die one day knowing that I was free once again. SMH!

(04-03-2014, 10:01 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  deposition. Your lawyer and their lawyer will sit down with the doctor and a court reporter and question this doctor. This is what your lawyer would give to the industrial commission as proof.

Sounds good to me if it would actually happen.

Going back and reading your first post again do not drop your case. This is what they really want you to do so they can stop paying for anything. Also if you just drop it they could try to go back and say you were lying all along and try to get the money they paid you back. Now I think this is a long shot but you never know. SSDI could also go back after money if they think you were faking it. When I say faking it I mean if now that this doctor has released you for lite duty and you don't do anything to prove you are still just as disabled what would they think? Please don't think I'm saying you are not telling the truth it's just that is you give up they could jump all over this and really screw you over

(04-03-2014, 10:11 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  Going back and reading your first post again do not drop your case. This is what they really want you to do so they can stop paying for anything. Also if you just drop it they could try to go back and say you were lying all along and try to get the money they paid you back. Now I think this is a long shot but you never know. SSDI could also go back after money if they think you were faking it. When I say faking it I mean if now that this doctor has released you for lite duty and you don't do anything to prove you are still just as disabled what would they think? Please don't think I'm saying you are not telling the truth it's just that is you give up they could jump all over this and really screw you over

I just want you to understand that I am disabled and that is nothing, but the truth. I'm just tired of all of this thats all.

Company I worked for still has an open case from 89. Mine is from 05 and there are 2 more of us from this employee that are as old. Was told they were not going to settle with me because the MSA would be too high. They have now started talking about settling with open medical but they are still only offering about 25% of what we think it should be worth. Would like to be done with them but I will take a weekly check from them over them screwing me by thinking I'm going to jump on a small lump sum now. They are not paying the bills right now so there is no way I'm going to believe they will pay the bills after settlement and open medical

(04-03-2014, 10:21 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  Company I worked for still has an open case from 89. Mine is from 05 and there are 2 more of us from this employee that are as old. Was told they were not going to settle with me because the MSA would be too high. They have now started talking about settling with open medical but they are still only offering about 25% of what we think it should be worth. Would like to be done with them but I will take a weekly check from them over them screwing me by thinking I'm going to jump on a small lump sum now. They are not paying the bills right now so there is no way I'm going to believe they will pay the bills after settlement and open medical

Believe me when I tell you this. Settle while you still can.
After mediation years ago in my case they offered me $40,000 and my attorney thought it wasn't enough as well, but now years later I wish I would have settled. They will do any and everything they can to make your life miserable trust me!

(04-03-2014, 10:40 PM)PanthersRowell Wrote:  
(04-03-2014, 10:21 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  Company I worked for still has an open case from 89. Mine is from 05 and there are 2 more of us from this employee that are as old. Was told they were not going to settle with me because the MSA would be too high. They have now started talking about settling with open medical but they are still only offering about 25% of what we think it should be worth. Would like to be done with them but I will take a weekly check from them over them screwing me by thinking I'm going to jump on a small lump sum now. They are not paying the bills right now so there is no way I'm going to believe they will pay the bills after settlement and open medical

Believe me when I tell you this. Settle while you still can.
After mediation years ago in my case they offered me $40,000 and my attorney thought it wasn't enough as well, but now years later I wish I would have settled. They will do any and everything they can to make your life miserable trust me!

These reasons you have stated is exactly why I would rather settle with a MSA (Medicare setaside) than open medical. When you settle with open medical, Workers Comp. still OWNS YOU and has a big say in the decision making of your medical needs. You will continue to be miserable.
Do not give up and throw in the towel to WC. This is exactly what they want you to do. Your Attorney is in no hurry because he is getting 30% of your money.....

I am so glad I am free from WC. It took 10+ years and a outstanding Attorney but I am free of the beast. Indemnity and MSA is how I settled.

I am thru with these WC buzzards.

I was on WC weekly payments and SSDI for over 7 years before we finally settled with WC. I was found PTD by WC doctor and my Indemnity and MSA was above $700000. I do not have a offset between WC and SSDI because my Attorney used the spread language with my Indemnity.

Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

I don't think $40,000 would be anything if you are not able to work again. My offer was way more then that and it is not enough for never working again.

Problem with them wanting open medical there is nothing I can do to make them do a MSA. They don't want pay out that much money to setup a MSA so my only option would be to just keep getting check from them and let them pay the bills as they come. But like I've said in my case they are not paying the bills now. My meds have not been paid since Feb 2013 and medicare has been covering my medical bills that WC should be paying. This company is right now fighting to defend that they shuffled money around to avoid paying 2.3 billion in taxes so why would they care that they owe $70,000 to medicare and I'm guessing $16,000 for meds.

I think I would rather keep getting a check from them and to pay the bills as I get meds or treatment then to settle with open medical and fight for everything including the meds I need to live. If we settled with open medical I could see them pay for meds for a few months and then refuse to pay anything and hope I'd have trouble getting my lawyer to step back in and fight for it. Out of pocket cost would not be good while I waited to get them to pay

(04-04-2014, 10:16 AM)Manley2 Wrote:  I don't think $40,000 would be anything if you are not able to work again. My offer was way more then that and it is not enough for never working again.

Problem with them wanting open medical there is nothing I can do to make them do a MSA. They don't want pay out that much money to setup a MSA so my only option would be to just keep getting check from them and let them pay the bills as they come. But like I've said in my case they are not paying the bills now. My meds have not been paid since Feb 2013 and medicare has been covering my medical bills that WC should be paying. This company is right now fighting to defend that they shuffled money around to avoid paying 2.3 billion in taxes so why would they care that they owe $70,000 to medicare and I'm guessing $16,000 for meds.

I think I would rather keep getting a check from them and to pay the bills as I get meds or treatment then to settle with open medical and fight for everything including the meds I need to live. If we settled with open medical I could see them pay for meds for a few months and then refuse to pay anything and hope I'd have trouble getting my lawyer to step back in and fight for it. Out of pocket cost would not be good while I waited to get them to pay

Why are they refusing to pay? I guess I was one of the fortunate IW's who never had a issue with them paying. It would seem they did not authorize the medical treatment you pursued.
Like I said in another post, someone will reimburse Medicare for expenses that were incurred thru your Work related injury. Read this:
http://hrlr.msu.edu/hr_executive_educati...dicare.pdf

Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

They are not refusing to pay they just aren't paying. They have been sent the bills but just don't pay them. They made a payment in Jan 2013 for my meds in 2012 because they were a year behind paying then. They called my pharmacy around then and told them we had settled, took a phone call to my lawyer to get them to change that. Funny thing was they had not even made an offer at that point. They have tried so many stupid little things. The only medical treatment they have fought over the last 5 years was the last RF treatment I had. Not sure why this is the only thing they have fought but yet making medicare pay for everything.
As for the medicare this started a year after I had PT. I got a statement from medicare saying they had been billed the $20,000 for my water PT. I phoned medicare and said they should not be paying that bill and after they looked into it they said they had a agreement to pay these bills and get it back in a settlement. Okay what ever, but it was after this that their lawyer told mine they were not wanting to settle and to just keep things as they were.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM