Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability?

Social Security is not likely to take your opinion on your level of disability over your doctor's.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I wish there was a way to get in front of the Industrial Commission. I did ask my attorney to make this happen so that I'd be able to explain my side of the story and see if there was any hope to get this settled. All I'm getting is nothing in return from my attorney after asking her to make this happen. It's been about 3 weeks ago now. It seems like someone could help me. I'm so tired it's unreal. SMH!

Nothing is fair on WC I'm just warning you they could try anything to stop paying you. Talk to your lawyer and do what he tells you to do unless you don't believe him. And if that is the case you need to find a lawyer you can trust. I understand you are not getting better but without a doctor on your side they are going to go with what they have. I'm in about the same boat. Been doing the voc rehab thing now for 15 months with no jobs and I will only get worse as time goes on but that doesn't stop them from playing games. I was put off work in 2008 and they didn't do much until they hired a third party to start this rehab and start fighting the treatment I get. I feel for you for sure. Just be careful

(04-03-2014, 09:38 PM)1171 Wrote:  Social Security is not likely to take your opinion on your level of disability over your doctor's.

I never said that nor did I mean that. All I'm saying is it is what it is and I need help and this thing sorted out because I've been a prisoner of this mess for years. It's just not right nor fair because most people sues their employer after an injury. Well I'm not that way and didn't sue the company I worked for and still I'm the one that keeps getting done wrong. The system is messed up completely.

(04-03-2014, 09:43 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  Nothing is fair on WC I'm just warning you they could try anything to stop paying you. Talk to your lawyer and do what he tells you to do unless you don't believe him. And if that is the case you need to find a lawyer you can trust. I understand you are not getting better but without a doctor on your side they are going to go with what they have. I'm in about the same boat. Been doing the voc rehab thing now for 15 months with no jobs and I will only get worse as time goes on but that doesn't stop them from playing games. I was put off work in 2008 and they didn't do much until they hired a third party to start this rehab and start fighting the treatment I get. I feel for you for sure. Just be careful

I feel your pain as well. I appreciate it, thanks!

If you go in front of the industrial commission you are going to need medical proof of your disability and not just you saying your worse. You are more then likely going to have to see another doctor and see what he says. If he is on your side then you will probably need to get depos from these doctors and take this in front of them. I can tell you in my case it took over 6 months to get one depo from their doctor

(04-03-2014, 09:38 PM)1171 Wrote:  Social Security is not likely to take your opinion on your level of disability over your doctor's.

By the way, I like my doctor regardless and don't blame him nor do I want another one.

You can like him but if he released you for lite duty and you don't want to see another doctor this is all you have. He can still be treating you, just see another doctor for a separate opinion

(04-03-2014, 09:50 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  If you go in front of the industrial commission you are going to need medical proof of your disability and not just you saying your worse. You are more then likely going to have to see another doctor and see what he says. If he is on your side then you will probably need to get depos from these doctors and take this in front of them. I can tell you in my case it took over 6 months to get one depo from their doctor

What is a depo?

deposition. Your lawyer and their lawyer will sit down with the doctor and a court reporter and question this doctor. This is what your lawyer would give to the industrial commission as proof.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM