Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worker,s Comp

If I still have medical open on my claim and doctor says I can,t work due to my injury does workers comp have to pay even though im not presently working ? I took disability retirement from post office due to the NRP asessment and a LWEC decision that did not allow me to get worker,s comp. Im in California

Sorry I don't know the laws in CA and I'm sure 1171 will be along to help. But I have a question. You last line says you were not allowed to get WC because of the disability retirement you took. If that is correct why are you asking if you can get WC to pay you because you can't work? Kind of sounds like this is how you settled your case and got open medical
Went back and looked at your other post. If you have settled your case with open medical and you need treatment for something that is covered you should be fine. But if you are asking for them to pay you TTD because of it I don't see that happening

depends on if your disability is temporary or permanent.
i don't know of a federal employment caselaw that allows a retired employee to receive temporary disability.
you should consult a federal employment/comp law atty for that issue.
you are entitled to permanent disability.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-22-2013, 08:45 AM)Manley2 Wrote:  Sorry I don't know the laws in CA and I'm sure 1171 will be along to help. But I have a question. You last line says you were not allowed to get WC because of the disability retirement you took. If that is correct why are you asking if you can get WC to pay you because you can't work? Kind of sounds like this is how you settled your case and got open medical
Went back and looked at your other post. If you have settled your case with open medical and you need treatment for something that is covered you should be fine. But if you are asking for them to pay you TTD because of it I don't see that happening

Thank you for responding Manley.To answer your question , I was not allowed Wc because of a LWEC decision. Ok, thanks again.
(08-22-2013, 11:42 AM)1171 Wrote:  depends on if your disability is temporary or permanent.
i don't know of a federal employment caselaw that allows a retired employee to receive temporary disability.
you should consult a federal employment/comp law atty for that issue.
you are entitled to permanent disability.

1171 Thank you for responding , I will seek an attorney . I believe its permanent because I asked for restoration in Feb 2013 right before my year was up an they have not responded as of yet .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Turtle23
08-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Last Post by 1171
10-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Last Post by bugmann
05-02-2016, 05:26 PM