Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't believe SS checks things

Got a big surprise the other day. Got a letter from SS the other day about my son's money. When I got on SSDI my wife and son got a check as well but since I still get WC they cut into their amount pretty good. Well when my wife got hers they did take into account what she got from me and took that out. Well I couldn't believe they went back now and figured since hers was not there his should have been about double what I had been getting and the best part is they firgured that back to 2010. So we got a nice check in back pay for him. If he was older I'd get him a decent car. The extra cash sure will be nice.

How nice Manley.....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(03-14-2013, 04:52 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  Got a big surprise the other day. Got a letter from SS the other day about my son's money. When I got on SSDI my wife and son got a check as well but since I still get WC they cut into their amount pretty good. Well when my wife got hers they did take into account what she got from me and took that out. Well I couldn't believe they went back now and figured since hers was not there his should have been about double what I had been getting and the best part is they firgured that back to 2010. So we got a nice check in back pay for him. If he was older I'd get him a decent car. The extra cash sure will be nice.

What a nice suprise to receive in the mail...I would love a suprise like that

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Yes it was. I got the letter and decided to check and the money was already in the bank so it was really nice. Had to have the wife read the letter to make sure I understood they would sending me that much. With voc rehab screwing around with me like they are it is nice to have the money if they start playing more games we will be okay for some time

Congrats Manley.

I sure could use some good news for social security, I am going thru the continuining disability review.

When I was approved in 2007 it was under the compassionate allowance due to the tumor on the spine. The tumor has been down graded to a bone lesion so now SSA has to do a redetermination to access if I am disabled by their standards.

Yes, I have a lot a medical, but I have to meet their defination of being disabled and be totally disabled.

Congrats Manley.

I sure could use some good news for social security, I am going thru the continuining disability review.

When I was approved in 2007 it was under the compassionate allowance due to the tumor on the spine. The tumor has been down graded to a bone lesion so now SSA has to do a redetermination to access if I am disabled by their standards.

Yes, I have a lot a medical, but I have to meet their defination of being disabled and be totally disabled.

Will say a few prayers for you Bummer, hope they can make the right call and keep your benefits going

Thanks Manley

Thanks Manley

Since the CDR started, every two weeks I get something in the mail from SSA to complete, mostly additional forms to complete and it is always on Friday when I receive mail.

Well today is two weeks so I expect to have mail.

Either a decision will be made or I will be sent to their (SSA's) doctor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by capricorn
12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Last Post by CRABBY
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM