Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't believe SS checks things

Since the CDR started, every two weeks I get something in the mail from SSA to complete, mostly additional forms to complete and it is always on Friday when I receive mail.

Well today is two weeks so I expect to have mail.

Either a decision will be made or I will be sent to their (SSA's) doctor.

The worse part with them is I got a thing in the mail I needed to fill out for them and it said second notice. Trouble is I never saw the first one. Not sure if it just didn't get here or what. Had trouble with our mail here off and on for about a year now. One day my check was laying out in the drive way where the mail man dropped it. Lucky it wasn't windy or raining that day

Manley we are having lots of vandalism of mailboxes in my county. I am told many on drugs are earching mailboxes looking for money.

For this reason I am thinking about having my mail sent to a PO Box in a near by town. Much safer.

Manley we are having lots of vandalism of mailboxes in my county. I am told many on drugs are earching mailboxes looking for money.

For this reason I am thinking about having my mail sent to a PO Box in a near by town. Much safer.

Ours is put in the mail box beside my front door and most of the time it is here before 8:30 in the morning so we get it before others can on most days. Sometimes it get delivered around the corner because the numbers are the same and the streets are main and madison so they just mess it up. He brings me the mail if it does but it sometimes take a few days because he works off shifts

Speaking of mail today, I got a suprise today, mail lady rings the door beel she has a certified letter for me. I sign bring the dogs back in, open the certified letter. I have been involved with a class action law suit against my employer. The law suit had to do with being management and them not paying time and half for the hours we worked over 40 each week. The saw suit has been going on for 5 years now, back in Dec they decided to settle, it cost the company 20 millon dollars to settle it. Now of course you know the attorneys got most of it, like 13 miilion. which left 7 million to pay out to us workers and this employer is in like most of the 50 states. I know there was 900 people from my state listed on the law suit. Well the judge sgined off on it Dec last year. The pay out per employee wsa based on your rate of pay and how many weeks you worked during
a certain time period that company and attorneys negogiated.
My suprise today in the mail was 3000.00
I like these kinds of suprises........Wife and I am planning a trip down to Georgia in May for a neice of wife's High School Graduation. The last graduation in her family. This money will make the travel plans easier for us. ......And I told my wife she can pay bills with the rest of it but their is one thing I want to buy myself out of the money and will be an I Pad. But not at regular price of course...if I have to pay regular price for it then I do not need or want it..LOL I am too darn cheap...
But this was a great suprise today....

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

That was a nice surprise. I'm sure you guys were out more then the lawyers but they always get the best share of it

yea that rally sucks they get the majority of it, thats just wrong, but glad you will be able to have some fun anyway

(03-15-2013, 10:19 PM)Manley2 Wrote:  That was a nice surprise. I'm sure you guys were out more then the lawyers but they aways get the best share of it

No letters in the mail from SSA Friday. I guess they say no news is good news.

My status on the SSA web site shows my disability status as active.

No letters in the mail from SSA Friday. I guess they say no news is good news.

My status on the SSA web site shows my disability status as active.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by capricorn
12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Last Post by CRABBY
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM