Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Internet Providers

We are in the process of switching service to TWC...and also upgrading the cabel to HD...since we now have 2 HD TV'S in the house... the basic cabel just does not get it...
Anyways the change and upgrade has been a holy night mare process. My wife told me 2 nights ago that she does not care if she ever see tv again in her life. This process started last week and it is still not completed. TWC will be here again tomorrow morning, and we will probably commit something illegal on them LOl...They were to install a new outlet for the internet and the kid technician they sent out to do the work,,well his idea of doing that was to add a splicer on the back of the tv and string a 26 foot cabel across the family room and hook it to the computer and leave it laying in the floor. My wife is going through the roof over that... Well he was to bring a HD DVR box to install.. instead he put in a basic digital box... and 20 minutes after he left that box died...finally got a technician back out to the hoouse ...but who did they send again the kid technician again. I had taken the dead box over to the local TWC store and had them exchange it for the correct box. got it home hook it all up and i was only getting a portion of the channels we should be getting...i call their 800 number and could not get their customer service to understand what was going on.. well probably because all they seem to have working customer service is ghetto speacking people and foreign people who can not speak english..their customer service told me on 2 seperate days that a tech would be at my house by 8pm..on 2 seperate days and no one showed up..come to find out no one would of never shown up if i had not called back again...pitiful customer service....anyways the kid tech was here i told him the box was not getting all the channels...so he goes to his truck and gets a new one... disconnect the old one and puts in the new one and does not change out any of the cabels....still not getting all the channels.. he then says the problem has to do with the wiring in my house... all wires are in the walls and there is 2 outlets in every room except the family room with only one. he says he will not rewire my house.. he wants to go out back and where the cable comes out of the ground {all wiring in my neighbor hood is buried} he wants to connect a new coxal and run it from the back of the house and wrap it around my house all the way to the front and drill a hole to bring the wire into my living room..That is not going to happen,,,i don't like that way and neither does my wife....I told him we are not goin to half ass wire my house up like that...the first day he came to hook up the internet he said he wanted to run a new cabel from the ground into my garage ...to replace that part of the cabel..i was not back there when he was doing that.. my diabetic wife's sugar bottomed out and i was dealing with here and trying to get here sugar up while he was here. After he left i went back to see what he did... the freaking kid cut the old cabel off where it entered into the wall... then move about a foot to the right and drilled a new hole and put the cabel into my garage to connect to the existing cabel. That pissed me off.. a hold in my siding that was not necessary... all he had to do was pull that 18" of cabel out that he cut off and put the new cabel in that same hole..well i worked with it all today myself.. now he was to talk to his super today and call me ..never got a call...today i worked with all the cabels and boxes...took that box and tried it in another room and it worked perfect...and a couple hrs later it stopped working.. and played with the cabels... and what a suprise i got it working perfect now... all it needed was a new HDMI cabel....now if the kid tech had changed cabels when he changed the box out... he would of found the issue...instead he thinks my entire house needs rewired...well Time Warner is 2 be here in the morning... and it will not be a pretty day.....
I wish I had never thought about switching service... been a night mare from Hell.

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

We are with Century Link. I pay 31 dollars a month for DSL but my max. speed is 2.5 Mbps but I live in the country big time. Also We get a cut rate for this service because my wife is employed with Century Link since 1979.

I pay approx. $66 a month for phone and Internet

I am sure today will not be any fun with Time Warner...There appointment time is 10 this morning... and no show so far or no phone call. as they are to call 30 minutes ahead of showing up...
Probably another wasted day waiting on them....

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

We had problems with ours as well at set up.... Ours was a new construction and was still being wired.. They kept bailing on us and there reasoning was they were going to wait untill the house was wired and dry-walled.. There was no way we were going to let them put new holes in when they could spend less time just doing it while electricians were here... We have 2 dvrs and one plain reciever so that would mean 5 new holes pluss the main in lines... After a few calls they came out, and we supervised the instalation... The tech that was first out here got fired.... Why in the world do they have to be so stupid, new or used nobody wants all then holes.....

The day with them started out bad...the were to be here between 10 and 11 this morning. At 10:10 a lady from TWC called and said she saw that i had an appointment scheduled and it had been cancelled and she was calling to see if someone had called to reschedule it..I thought oh crap here we go again. 10 minutes later a tech called and said he would be at my house in about 10 minutes. There was 2 that showed up...I told him and showed him what had all gone on.. he was in total shock at how things had gone for me... He could not believe the kid tech left my house and left the cabel laying in the floor.. and did not and would not install an outlet for my computer. I shoowed him how i wanted the cabel ran..real simple connect it in the ceiling in my garage and run it along the garage ceiling area down the garage wall and through the concrete blocks... inside the block garage wall he would be entering a closed under my stairs... and then run the cabel out the closet wall ... and then mount a cabel outlet cover on it... not rocket since.. he agreed that was the way to get an outlet to my computer...well the techs supervisor shows up...so i had to go throught again everything thing that had happen all week with TWC...he was amazed the kid tech would not put that jack in either..and that he did not trouble shoot the box and find the HDMI cabel that was the problem with the box.... well he tells me he has had a lot of trouble with the kid tech.. and he can not find anybody that can get through to the kid.. the kid thinks he knows everything and the supervisor knows the kid has no people skills.. as he has had trouble with the kid tech ever since he transfered over to our city .. after being trained in a large city about 2 hrs away.. well the kid may loose his job over this one...the supervisor said he was excess my accont and give me a months credit for the mess.. well customer service gave me 60.00 credit and now his credit that is a month and a half credit total.. hey i will take it all, as he said it was not money out out of his pocket...I told the supervisor i hope i do not ever have to call TWC customer service again... and have to deal with all those ghetto speaking peple they have working... he gave me his card and said for me to call him if i have any further issues....he also told me that we have a customer service call ctr 25 miles from my house and when they get overloaded with calls then they roll over to pourto rico...boy i have not had to chat with them yet..but guess it all worked out today in the end.. supervisor was amazed that i was dealing with this for over a week now...but internet is working fine and wife and I set down this evening and ordered one of the TWC movies on demand and relaxed and enjoyed out tv tonight..I guess i will not try switching any thing else over.... I will leave well enough along... If it ain't broke don't fix it LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by CrissMert
02-20-2021, 10:39 AM
Last Post by halftrak
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM