Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hearings

I live in NY. I was injured in 2008 but continued to work until June 2011 when my condition worsened. I have been receiving WC cash benefits since then and was approved for SSDI in October 2011. So far my WC checks come every two weeks w/o any problem. I have had two hearings so far...both in regard to reimbursing my employer for my time before I retired (due to my injury) in December 2011. I did have an IME in December who concurred with my physician that I can no longer work. I just received notice of a hearing. Why do they keep scheduling hearings? How many will I have to go through? My condition will only get worse not better so I'm not sure why these hearings are necessary. Any thoughts?

the court has continuing jurisdiction for as long as you are receiving benefits.
the issue in dispute maybe the same one or a new one.
you would not want the court to be stopped from having hearings--what if they suddenly stopped your benefits?

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post