Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

taxes in pa

I dont want to take alot of peoples time but if some one knows about w/c and how to file taxes if you work part of the year could tou please tell me what you know

state of pa

"may the best day of your yesterdays be the worst of your future"

you pay taxes on what you earned...you do not pay on the monies you got for w/c

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You will do your taxes as you always did. WC payments are tax exempt, but you still have to handle the taxes based on the monies you earned will working.

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I s there any place you have to report the money you got from workmans comp? The reason iam concerned is because I only made a little last year and so far as the gov is concerned, I would be able to take credits such as eic that I never could before and I have kids collwge deductions and 3 dependents so when I do all the forms like the instructions I figured I get like 5000.00 dollars back and I only had like a 1000.00 dollars taken out in withholding does this sound ok or am I doing something wrong?

I can not tell yu how to file your taxes or if it sounds right. When I said " WC payments are tax exempt ". That means that you do not report that to the IRS. I have never reported my WC payments to the IRS.

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

That could be correct. The Earned Income Tax Credit is now designed to refund money regardless of what you paid. Those people who qualify can get thousands "refunded" even if they did not pay any taxes.

aint that just peachy keen

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

that sounds good to me thanks everyone

Boilerman just file your taxes like before and only include monies that you have a w2 for or a 1099. If the bottom line is still 5000 smile all the way to the bacnk and except all the tax credits you are entitled to. Wish mine would of came out like that lol

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Still in Limbo
02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Last Post by jayne
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Last Post by Tuffy
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM