Home | Solutions | News, Blogs & Events | State Info | Kids' Chance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carpal Tunnel/Repetitive Stress Syndrome in TN-Workers Comp Issue
Question 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello
Im new to this Forum and I need some Help/Advice if possible. I started a new job in Feb of 2008 in a Medical Office in Middle TN. I am a receptionist but job requires me to not only answer phones, But to also do lots of paperwork and entering things in the computer for 8 hours a day,every day,5 days a week. I never had any type of problem with my hand,wrist or fingers until recently.I have to use a Staple removal tool all day long to remove tons of staples from paperwok before I scan & enter the info into a computer which triggered the Finger pain etc.
It 1st started with pain in my Ring finger closest to my pinky on my Right hand. After my hand started swelling and having constant pain, I couldn't understand what was happening so I went to see my reg internal medicicine Dr. who did some tests and determined I may have Carpal Tunnel. She gave me meds and put me in a Carpal Tunnel brace which I have worn ever since seeing her. This was almost 3-4 months ago.I have not been back to see her. I have now lost almost all use of my Right Hand and I am Right Handed.The pain is so bad that I can't even make a fist because of the swelling and can't lift or grab anything or even hold a pen to sign my name. My elbow has also started hurting too. I have not filed W Comp because of being afraid of getting fired.I have told HR at my job and my boss that I may be filing W Comp. I spoke to a W Comp attorney Friday who told me I definately need to file a W Comp claim because the type of work I do is called Repetitive Motion Syndrome. Im just afraid and don't know what to expect. Im planning on filing W Comp on Monday.I haven't stopped working and have been working and dealing with the pain while wearing a brace. Any advice is most appreciated.Im soooo Sorry this is so long. I hope someone can help me.Thanks for reading this.

~Tizz~

Messages In This Thread
Carpal Tunnel/Repetitive Stress Syndrome in TN-Workers Comp Issue - by Tizz - 01-03-2009, 10:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by 1171
05-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post by 1171
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM