WorkersCompensation.com Discussion Forums

Full Version: Wisconsin WC Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning All,

I was injured in April 24th of 2019 in Wisconsin in a workplace accident.  I have undergone a plethora of surgeries, therapy, etc.  I am scheduled to reach end of healing and maximum medical improvement April 28th of this year which will be 3 years and 4 days that I have been on workers compensation. 

The state of Wisconsin is behind about 3 months in processing the case that is handed to them from a workers compensation carrier to transition me from TTD to PPD.

Also the state of Wisconsin is NOT a settlement state for workers comp.  You are only entitled to PPD and a few other items for an award.

My question to everyone is this... I have an option to have my MMI and maximum medical improvement evaluation for the middle of March of this year or wait till the latter part of April. I am so ready for all this to be over so I can press on with life.  If I were to elect to end and take the MMI for March I will be at 2 years and 11 months on workers comp as apposed to the 3 years and 4 days if I wait till April.

Does time on workers comp help in anyway for financial awards such as the 2 years and 11 months compared to the 3 years and 4 days?  

I know that I should probably wait and get the full 3 year term in but I am so ready to end this all and press on with life especially since the state is 3 months behind on processing so that would put me further behind in asking for an advancement to relocate and start a new path of life.

Just curious if time would make a difference in payment allotments.

Thank you all for any guidance you may have.

God Bless...
It looks like the maximum weekly disability rate for Temporary Total is more then the maximum for permanent Partial. I assume you are receiving max TTD now and once you are at MMI you would be switched to the PPD rate. If so, You would lose the difference.
https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dwd/publicatio...9572-p.pdf

P.S. if you are going to continue with treatment make sure there is an acceptable doctor in your new location.