WorkersCompensation.com Discussion Forums

Full Version: Medicare Set Aside Portal Initial Signup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: NY
Hello
I settled my WC case here in NY in the end of May 2021. I am in the process of getting authorization to access the MSA portal as I will be self administrator. I was given instructions to answer all questions in chapter 10 ( https://www.cms.gov/files/document/w...version-35.pdf ) which seems a bit much. I believe this is information they already have.
I have been given my ID and Pin so I want to make sure it’s not a mistake.
If in fact I need to answer all of these questions is there a sample word doc or email to go by?

Thanks in advance 
You could contact the carrier or your attorney and find a vendor who could prepare the necessary paperwork to get your MSA Started .
(02-02-2022, 12:56 PM)1171 Wrote: [ -> ]You could contact the carrier or your attorney and find a vendor who could prepare the necessary paperwork to get your MSA Started .

Thanks 
I just emailed what I could. I’m having trouble understanding why they need information they already have. I just wanted to access the portal to submit my expenses. I’ve had MSA since May of 2021. I keep thinking it’s a misunderstanding.
I guess they will contact me if they need anything else.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it
I now have access to the portal. Now need to figure out how to use it. I’m guessing I can submit everything at once before the 12 month period up?
I only have prescriptions and some doctor appointments
Yes. Couple tips:
A) if practical enter each item as it occurs rather then saving them up for deadline.
B) keep a separate personal record (either hard copy or digital depending on your tech level) as a backup (don’t rely on a single digital data record-even when cloud based by the government)
*****Recreating years worth of payments for you or a care giver can be a bitch…)
C) Don’t hesitate to request a review of your reserve account when it becomes obvious there is a significant excess that should be released.
Hope it goes well.
(02-04-2022, 04:59 PM)1171 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Couple tips:
A) if practical enter each item as it occurs rather then saving them up for deadline.
B) keep a separate personal record (either hard copy or digital depending on your tech level) as a backup (don’t rely on a single digital data record-even when cloud based by the government)
*****Recreating years worth of payments for you or a care giver can be a bitch…)
C) Don’t hesitate to request a review of your reserve account when it becomes obvious there is a significant excess that should be released.
Hope it goes well.

Thanks for the advice. I really don’t have much thankfully except for one or 2 prescriptions a month and a doctor appointment once every 3 months. Hopefully it stays that way.
I will keep a digital backup
It is basically a section of a hospital’s account where the hospital accounts for all its Medicare services. Practically, it acts as a purse. The hospital can keep its earnings in this account or transfer them to a general account. LearningMSAS.com is one of the best resources I found when I was looking for answers to the questions asked by the CMS on the Medicare Set Aside Portal Initial Signup . In the past, there were significant threats of fines if the hospital failed to sign up for the Medicare Set Aside Online Portal. This is not the case anymore. So you may visit the website for more information.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. However when searching for “LearningMSAS.com”. Nothing comes up