Sponsor This State
Nebraska Workers' Compensation Legal Library
Nebraska Home Page > Nebraska Regulations
48-153.01. Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court judge; eligibility.
No person shall be eligible for the office of judge of the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court unless he or she:
(1) Is at least thirty years of age;
(2) Is a citizen of the United States;
(3) Has been engaged in the practice of law in the State of Nebraska for at least five years, which may include prior service as a judge;
(4) Is currently admitted to practice before the Nebraska Supreme Court; and
(5) Is a resident of the State of Nebraska, and remains a resident of such state during the period of service.
This section shall not apply to a person serving as a judge of the Nebraska Workmen's Compensation Court on August 24, 1979, who continues to serve as a judge of the Nebraska Workmen's Compensation Court after August 24, 1979, and prior to July 17, 1986, and who continues to serve as a judge of the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Court on and after July 17, 1986.