Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Legal Library
Wisconsin Home Page >
80.39 Advance payment of unaccrued compensation.
(1) The department may order partial or full payment of unaccrued compensation to an employee or his or her dependents pursuant to s. 102.32 (6m) , Stats., upon consideration of the following factors:
- (a) The length of time since the injury;
- (b) The total income of the employee or the dependent;
- (c) The income of others in the employee's or the dependent's household;
- (d) The age of the employee or the dependent;
Register October 2015 No. 718
- (e) The other available assets of the employee or the dependent;
- (f) The loss of benefits because of interest credit due to self-; insured employer or insurance carrier; (g) The purpose for which the advancement is requested;
- (h) The other financial obligations of the employee or the dependent; (i) The employment status of the employee or the dependent;
- (j) If the advancement is requested for the purchase of real estate, the cost of the real estate and availability of other necessary financing for the real estate;
- (k) The employee's or the dependent's previous experience in and likelihood of success in a proposed business venture;
- (L) The probable income and security of any proposed investment; and
- (m) Other information indicating whether an advancement is in the best interest of the applicant.
History: Cr. Register, September, 1982, No. 321 , eff. 10-;1-;82; CR 07-;019 : am. (1), Register October 2007 No. 622 , eff. 11-;1-;07.