Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Legal Library
Wisconsin Home Page >
80.38 Assessment of administrative expenses.
(1) For purposes of determining assessment payments under s. 102.75 , Stats., "indemnity paid or payable" excludes:
- (a) Payments made for medical, hospital or related expenses.
- (b) Additional payments for penalties and increased compensation.
- (c) Payments made into the work injury supplemental benefit fund.
- (d) Payments made from the work injury supplemental benefit fund other than those paid under s. 102.44 (1) , Stats.
- (e) Payments made under ss. 102.475 , 102.35 , and 102.18 (1) (bp) , Stats.
- (f) Payments made under statutory provisions other than those of ch. 102 , Stats.
- (g) Payments made pursuant to a compromise agreement to the extent that they cannot be determined to be indemnity paid or payable under sub. (2) .
- (2) For purposes of determining assessment payments under
- s. 102.75 , Stats., "indemnity paid or payable" includes:
- (a) Supplemental benefit payments made under s. 102.44 (1) , Stats., from the work injury supplemental benefit fund if they were determined to be payable prior to the time the case is initially closed.
- (b) Death benefits paid under ss. 102.46 , 102.47 , 102.48 and 102.50 , Stats.
- (c) Portions of social security benefits, sick leave, holiday pay, salary and other wage continuation payments which offset or are paid in lieu of the daily or weekly indemnity due.
History: Cr. Register, September, 1984, No. 345 , eff. 10-;1-;84.