Chapter DWD 80
DWD 80.20 License to appear.
(1) The following rules shall govern the issuance, suspension, or revocation of licenses to appear before the department in compensation matters under the provisions of s. 102.17 (1) (c), Stats.
(a) Permission to appear at a single hearing may be issued by the department through any examiner upon application evidencing qualifications provided by statute and the department's rules. Such permission may be given to appear in 3 cases before the issuing of license. When appearance has been made in 3 cases, license shall be required, which shall be issued only upon execution and filing with the department of application upon form prescribed by the department.
(b) Before license shall be issued applicant shall have appeared in representation of a party before the department on at least 3 formal hearings.
(c) The following conditions shall operate as grounds for refusal, suspension, or revocation of license.
1. Charging of excessive or unconscionable fees, misrepresentation of clients, dishonesty, fraud, sharp practice, neglect of duty, or other improper conduct in the representation of a party before the department, unless satisfactorily explained or excused by the department on the grounds of subsequent good conduct.
2. Disbarment from the practice of law, or resignation by request of properly constituted authorities, unless there has been subsequent reinstatement and continuance in good standing.
3. Contumacious conduct in hearing, gross discourtesy toward department representatives, or failure to conform to rulings or instructions of the department or its representatives.
4. Intentional or repeated failure to observe provisions of the compensation act or rules of procedure adopted by the department.
5. Any other gross evidence of lack of good moral character, fitness or act of fraud, or serious misconduct.
History: 1-2-56; am. Register, April, 1975, No. 232, eff. 5-1-75; am. (1) (intro.), Register, September, 1986, No. 369, eff. 10-1-86.