Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Legal Library
Wisconsin Home Page >
80.12 Rules of practice; selection of hearing site.
(1) (a) The rules of practice before the department shall be such as to secure the facts in as direct and simple a manner as possible.
- (b) The examiner may limit testimony to only those matters which are disputed.
- (c) The examiner may not allow into the record, either on direct or cross-;examination, redundant, irrelevant or repetitive testimony. Hearsay testimony may be admitted at the discretion of the examiner provided such testimony has probative value.
- (2) The department may select places for a hearing after considering the geographical location and volume of claims in an area. A list of sites will be furnished upon request to interested parties by the department. From this list, a hearing site shall be selected at the discretion of the department. The department, in determining the site of the hearing, shall consider the following:
- (a) The location choice of the applicant;
- (b) The location of the office of the treating practitioner or practitioner appointed by the department under the provisions of
- s. 102.17 or 102.13 (3) , Stats.; and
- (c) The location where the injury occurred.
History: Cr. Register, August, 1976, No. 248 , eff. 9-;1-;76; r. and recr. Register, September, 1982, No. 321 , eff. 10-;1-;82.