Get Our E- Newsletter

Fresh News, Hot Topics, CompTalk! Radio and Video and More.

Sign Up!


Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Legal Library

Wisconsin Home Page   >   Wisconsin Regulations

102.19 Alien dependents; payments through consular officers.

In case a deceased employee, for whose injury or death compensation is payable, leaves surviving alien dependents residing outside of the United States, the duly accredited consular officer of the country of which such dependents are citizens or such officer's designated representative residing within the state shall, except as otherwise determined by the department, be the sole representative of the deceased employee and dependents in all matters pertaining to their claims for compensation. The receipt by such officer or agent of compensation funds and the distribution thereof shall be made only upon order of the department, and payment to such officer or agent pursuant to any such order shall be a full discharge of the benefits or compensation. Such consular officer or such officer's representative shall furnish, if required by the department, a bond to be approved by it, conditioned upon the proper application of all moneys received by such person. Before such bond is discharged, such consular officer or representative shall file with the department a verified account of the items of his or her receipts and disbursements of such compensation. Such consular officer or representative shall make interim reports to the department as it may require.

History: 1977 c. 29 .

Save Time & Effort! Our Premium Members Get:
Searchable Rules & Statutes, Compliance Information,
Benefits Calculators, Case Law, & Reference

Wisconsin Compliance Information
Wisconsin Case Law Summaries And Court Opinions
Wisconsin Type And Save Forms
State Comparison Tables
Benefits Calculators
Reference Desk
Email Notification Services