Get Our E- Newsletter

Fresh News, Hot Topics, CompTalk! Radio and Video and More.

Sign Up!


Washington Workers' Compensation Legal Library

Washington Home Page   >   Washington Regulations

296-15-405 Filing a self-insured claim.

(1) What form is used to report a self-insured worker's industrial injury or occupational illness?
The reporting form for a self-insured worker's industrial injury or occupational illness is the Self-Insurer Accident Report (SIF-2) L&I form F207-002-000. Self-insurers must obtain these forms from the department and must report their workers' industrial injuries and illnesses to the department with SIF-2s. The department tracks the claim numbers assigned to self-insurers.
When notified of injury or illness, the self-insurer must provide the worker with this prenumbered form and assistance in filing a claim. The self-insurer must provide the worker the designated copy of the completed SIF-2 (which includes an explanation of the worker's rights and responsibilities) within five working days of completion.
(2) What form does a doctor use to report a self-insured worker's industrial accident or occupational illness?
Physicians should report a self-insured claim with a Physician's Initial Report (PIR) L&I form F207-028-000 when a self-insured worker has an industrial injury or is notified of an occupational illness. Replacements are acceptable.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.32.190(6), 51.32.055 (8)(a) and (9)(a). WSR 98-24-121, § 296-15-405, filed 12/2/98, effective 1/2/99.]

Save Time & Effort! Our Premium Members Get:
Searchable Rules & Statutes, Compliance Information,
Benefits Calculators, Case Law, & Reference

Washington Compliance Information
Washington Case Law Summaries And Court Opinions
Washington Type And Save Forms
State Comparison Tables
Benefits Calculators
Reference Desk
Email Notification Services