WorkersCompensation.com: An Overview
WorkersCompensation.com is the leading source of publicly accessible information for workers'
compensation, and has been serving the entire workers' comp industry since 2000. WorkersCompensation.com
has amassed an unparalleled database of laws, rules of procedure, forms and court cases from all 50 states
including Washington, DC.
Targeting the Workers' Compensation Market
The Workers' Compensation market is extremely fragmented and is difficult to reach. For most companies,
workers' comp is only a part of what they do. For example:
- Insurance companies write many types of insurance
— workers' comp is one of many lines.
- A third party administrator (TPA) may process many types of claims including
property & casualty, auto accidents, etc. — workers' comp is one of many types of claims they process.
- Attorneys, doctors, private investigators, insurance agents and many other types of professions —
workers' comp represents a part of their business.
For those companies who are targeting the workers' comp market, either to expand their current market penetration,
launch a new product, or just build long term brand awareness, there are only a handful of opportunities to promote
themselves and build brand awareness. There is one main trade show each year in November — the National Workers' Comp
and Disability Expo, and there are only a few trade publications (none of which are targeted exclusively to workers' comp).
After those two main avenues (both very expensive), the clear choice for promoting awareness within the workers' comp
industry is WorkersCompensation.com. The internet allows cost–effective advertising programs, and WorkersCompensation.com
is the ONLY website with national reach, including research and compliance information for all 50 states, Washington DC and
Who Visits Our Website?
In a sense, our website is like a 'crossroad' where a variety of people with a variety of interests come to get the information
and find the services they need. The following represents the approximate distribution of our visitors.
- 45% Insurance and Claims Professionals
- 20% Employers, including self–insureds
- 10% Attorneys / Legal Professionals
- 20% Injured Workers
- 5% Medical Professionals and Miscellaneous
WorkersCompensation.com is by far the most trafficked website in the workers' comp industry.
- Between 35,000 – 40,000 visits per day
- More than 1 Million unique visitors per month
- More than 7,000,000 page views per month
How Do People Get to WorkersCompensation.com?
People get to our site in a variety of ways.
- #1 Rankings on Google, MSN, Yahoo and AOL for the search terms "Workers Compensation" and "Workers Comp"
- Conference promotions — WorkersCompensation.com is a national sponsor of the National Workers' Compensation and Disability
- Conference & Expo, The National Workers' Compensation Defense Network, The American Bar Association's Workers' Compensation
College, and Council on Ed's WC Forums.
- Site Referrals — Our website is recommended dozens of times a day.
- We send our NewsLine Daily Email to more than 8,000 industry professionals each day. These people read our newsletter and
then click through on a variety of options to get back to our site each day.
- Our statistics show that more than 15,000 people bookmark WorkersCompensation.com each month. Once the site is bookmarked
as a "Favorite" people come back regularly.
- According to Google, over 15,000 web pages on the internet refer and/or link to WorkersCompensation.com
The Benefits of Advertising on WorkersCompensation.com
Advertising on WorkersCompensation.com works out to be a very cost–effective way to reach the Workers' Comp market and grow
the Workers' Comp component of your business.
- Recognition as an industry leader
Who Else Advertises on WorkersCompensation.com?
Because WorkersCompensation.com offers such a cost–effective way to target this fragmented industry, many of the dominant
companies in the workers' comp industry already advertise on WorkersCompensation.com. Here are some of the industry leaders
who advertise with us:
- StrataCare – Bill Review Software
- PMSI – Pharmacy Benefits Management and MSA Accounts
- Specialty Risk Services – TPA Claims Administration
- 3i Translation and Transcription Services
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) – Claims Management Software
- Delphi Technology – Claims Management Software
- Valley Oak – Claims Management Software
- The National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference & Expo
- National Workers' Compensation Defense Network – Defense Attorneys and Insurance Carriers
- Total Payroll Management – PEO and Insurance Services
- Amerisafe Insurance – Insurance for Hard to Insure Employers
- STK Consulting – Workers' Comp Benefits Consulting
- WorkCompKit – Workers' Comp Benchmarking and Consulting
- AmCheck – Payroll and Benefits Services
- Council on Education – Workers' Compensation Training and Certification