Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-25-2015, 02:13 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ulnar/cubital nerve damage
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Sad ulnar/cubital nerve damage

Hi - I have 2 surgeries from an accident back in Feb 2008 that has resulted in medium/ulnar release 9/08 and 9/09 ulnar transposition . Both surgeries were done at the left elbow. Just told no more medical treatments now just pain management

I have been in daily pain since the accident, but since the last surgery my pain has increased and moved up all the way to my head.

I have a couple questions:

1, Has anyone ever had this?
2. What drugs work for pain?
3. what options are there if any?
[/size][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
RE: ulnar/cubital nerve damage
i dont have the same injuries as you..but had back injury 2 herniated disks that led to a 2 level fusion and about to have the hardware removed and my pm dr has me on opana 10mg er 3 times daily and dilaudid 4 mg 4 times daily gabapentin 300 mg 3 times daily and baclofen 10 mg 3 times daily and i get really good pain releif

SETTLED!!!
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
inpainokla Wrote:i dont have the same injuries as you..but had back injury 2 herniated disks that led to a 2 level fusion and about to have the hardware removed and my pm dr has me on opana 10mg er 3 times daily and dilaudid 4 mg 4 times daily gabapentin 300 mg 3 times daily and baclofen 10 mg 3 times daily and i get really good pain releif

How long ago was your surgery and how long have you been on your meds?
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I have unlnar nerve entrapment of the right elbow, NCT rates it as mild/moderate.

I had (right) carpal tunnel surgery 2/16/10 with the stiches removed yesterday.

The doctor released me yesterday, no therapy was ordered.

I still have the burning going up the arm when I use the arm. The wrist is exteremly painful today, ont he pain scale I would say a 9 when I use the arm.

In 1997 I had surgery of the right elbow, 20+ breaks. Doctor says he removed to pieces of the arm put them together on the surgical tray like he was working a puzzle and then put the pieces back in the arm.

Recently I've been in physical therapy for cervical headaches.

I do understand your pain.

I do get some relief from my tens unit.
02-25-2010, 05:29 PM
1. Has anyone ever had this?
3. what options are there if any
?

Drugs will not fix anything. Only thing a drug might do, is cut the edge off a little. It is much better to ask the doctor/surgeon, to do their very best to find the source that is generating such pain. Then come up with a medical plan for proper treatment.

When you ask for options, please explain what your looking for?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:1. Has anyone ever had this?
3. what options are there if any
?

Drugs will not fix anything. Only thing a drug might do, is cut the edge off a little. It is much better to ask the doctor/surgeon, to do their very best to find the source that is generating such pain. Then come up with a medical plan for proper treatment.

When you ask for options, please explain what your looking for?

The Dr. has informed me that there is nothing left medically to do. I was looking to hear if anyone in this situation has found that a certain therapy, time or something else made the pain less.
I know drugs are not the answer but I am growing tired of daily pain.
02-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Sunshine have you tried a tens unit for your pain?
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Bummer Knees Wrote:Sunshine have you tried a tens unit for your pain?

Bummer - Yes Tens, Lidocain patches as well.
02-25-2010, 10:17 PM
i had surgery may 6th of 09..and ive only been on these meds since january and like i said they take my pain levels from around a 7-8 to a 1-2 with around the clock releif

SETTLED!!!
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
inpainokla Wrote:i had surgery may 6th of 09..and ive only been on these meds since january and like i said they take my pain levels from around a 7-8 to a 1-2 with around the clock releif

WC Warrior - thanks - I will keep you posted what the Dr. gives me Monday. My first visit to the Pain Dr.

I like the 1-2 pain you can get to. Has your body adjusted to the drugs so you can function normally without much tiredness?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 4,068 04-18-2014 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  could this be nerve damage jayc123 3 1,686 10-29-2012 05:19 AM
Last Post: jayc123
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 15 8,482 05-13-2012 12:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  injured workers in pain and WC mri showing no damage kristin0 18 13,421 09-30-2011 09:04 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  disc damage and wc questions backpainfla 32 13,520 08-13-2010 06:00 PM
Last Post: backpainfla
  Skin damage from PT Pookiewood 16 6,041 10-14-2009 05:36 PM
  Finger nerve damage worker2012 3 9,599 09-07-2009 11:00 AM
Question ulnar nerve surgery/benefits ebonyqueen 2 4,125 08-25-2009 03:15 PM
Last Post: ebonyqueen
Rolleyes Carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes scaredsick 4 11,810 05-14-2009 11:45 PM
Last Post: scaredsick
Question Back Damage - VA magcom 17 8,159 04-28-2009 06:33 PM
Last Post: magcom