Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cant seem to find out tax question Illinois
it's been few months since i have been on , my question is guys and gals ,i was injured back in march of 09 I was receiving benefits up till May of 09. when w/c cut me off ,can my live in girlfriend claim me as a dependent?

having a work injury does not give a worker an exception to IRS rules on dependency; they are the same no matter the cause or the coverage.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

1171 Wrote:having a work injury does not give a worker an exception to IRS rules on dependency; they are the same no matter the cause or the coverage.

Sorry not trying to be rude but that did not give me an answer., let me rephrase that my girl friend has had to take care of me financially this year i made less then 2.500,

Steve, to answer your question, it is yes she can. But, there is no benefit added on for her. been there done that before, and it is just a waste of time, and money to have someone prepare it correctly. Since you made a low income, you will get a better return. So File Taxes as you always have, and share it with her. Otherwise there isn't a Dollar benefit for her.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Steve, to answer your question, it is yes she can. But, there is no benefit added on for her. been there done that before, and it is just a waste of time, and money to have someone prepare it correctly. Since you made a low income, you will get a better return. So File Taxes as you always have, and share it with her. Otherwise there isn't a Dollar benefit for her.

BBBB. thank you very much that is what exactly what i need to know , Thank you !!

Your welcome ...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

your question is one that is best handle in an IRS or tax related forum rather then one specializing in workers compensation
try one of the legal tax sites
http://community.lawyers.com/forums/defa...GroupID=16
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

by claiming him she would receive the earned income credit and possibly most to all of her taxes back i bl you get a 5000 dollar tax credit for each that you can claim
SETTLED!!!

Inpain, trust me, I have tried this before, and I had to pay the people doing my Taxes to find out there was no money benefit to gain...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Illinois Question MrRuinedACL 3 438 02-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Is There A Way to find out when check was mailed? bonnieinky 3 1,126 03-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA - need to find a new job - mentally tapped BB019 16 3,413 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  cant find work john in monterey 2 1,921 08-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  find doctor poppy2010 4 4,054 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Where to find AMA guidlines lfoster21 10 10,336 01-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  Judge can't find my file Bummer Knees 13 8,185 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  how to find rick1954 4 4,695 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Last Post: rick1954
  Illinois knee question Konstructor1 8 16,120 09-03-2008, 05:06 AM