Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-28-2015, 06:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BILATERAL CARPEL TUNNEL
01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
BILATERAL CARPEL TUNNEL
HI EVERYONE, JUST FOUND THIS SITE. COOL!!! i need help with some possible answers. i live in oklahoma. i'm a scrub teh for 28 years, dveloped bilaterl carpal tunnel. it was accepted as w/c. accummalative trauma. fought employee health finally approved. had surgery on both hands. being paid 70 percent of wages. will i be offered a settlement from w/c at time of my release? i dont have an attorney? has anyone heard of gallagher/bassett in okc? another scrub tech fell and had a knee scope. and they called and offered her a 7000.00 settlement, with no attorney. another tech had bilateral carpel tunnel and had to get an attorney and settled also? so does anyone think i will need an attorney to settle at time of release? please help? thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
RE: BILATERAL CARPEL TUNNEL
depends on alot of things...I am also from Okla and had to get a lawyer.....if they are taking care of you with meds and your WC check on time you are doing great before you settle tho I would at the very least consult with a lawyer with their offer..

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
i too am from the great state of oklahoma tulsa to be exact..and when i was hurt at work pondered the question of whether to get an attorney or not but the desisoin was made for me the day i found out i was going to have back surgery from all of the horror stories ive read here..but at the end its totally up to you but seeing how you have had surgery im sure there will be some permanant impairmant and should receive a setlement in the end..and welcome to the forum this is a great place with great people who have tons of great info

SETTLED!!!
01-13-2010, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 03:40 PM by 1171.)
additional disability and settlement of those benefits depends on the extent of permanent impairment.
some more information about Oklahoma work comp system
http://www.workerscompensationok.com/useful-resources

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  bilateral knee injuries at work and fired for leaving for a doctor appointment! unfairly fired 0 2,314 09-12-2012 01:44 AM
Last Post: unfairly fired
Question Bilateral Knee Injuries michuad25 27 11,570 07-27-2010 09:05 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Questions about Carpel Tunnel and WC labgeek 11 5,470 07-15-2008 12:01 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  carpel tunnel questions tinar67 18 5,354 02-06-2008 11:36 AM
Last Post: Confusedd
  Bilateral Shouler Arthroscopies lafatlife 5 1,842 01-16-2008 12:45 AM
Last Post: jaspell