Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ca,when you reached a settlement
11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
ca,when you reached a settlement
I am in CA. When you agreed on a settlement and are waiting on a judge to approve it when do the w/c checks stop? Is it the day you signed w/ lawyers or after judge sign's off on it? My attorney said untill the judge sign off I will still receive the checks. I know it can take 30 days till I get the settlement check but need to know if the ttd will continue to come until then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2009, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2009 06:52 PM by 1171.)
RE: ca,when you reached a settlement
you are not allowed to settled while temporarily disabled; you have to be P&S.
if you have a p&S date then payments made after that date will likely be deducted from the settlement amount. the settlement papers should give the ending date of TD.

P.S. this board is not for worker questions--it is reserved for employers and other work comp professionals. you should post on the injued worker board.
04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
since obama care and there is no life time limit and no pre-existing conditions, why does medicare want $175K set aside from me. I have life time medical from my retirment(free) and i am a disabled vet so thats covered too.
also this amount is so large my employer (state of calif) says that it must match or higher then that amount and its too much $ for them, there are broke. already they spent maybe $ million on me.
i just want to get $50k so i can get lazer spine op. that i want.
04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
and how do you find and MSA atty anyway
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
1171 Wrote:you are not allowed to settled while temporarily disabled; you have to be P&S.
if you have a p&S date then payments made after that date will likely be deducted from the settlement amount. the settlement papers should give the ending date of TD.

P.S. this board is not for worker questions--it is reserved for employers and other work comp professionals. you should post on the injued worker board.
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2010 11:38 AM by 1171.)
wtharper57 Wrote:and how do you find and MSA atty anyway

changes in health insurance don't affect other forms of insurance including workers comp.
this board is for WC professionals and employers? which are you?
there is separate board for workers.
MSA is not a certified legal specialty in california.
workers compensation is.
you can find a work comp atty from the zip code search here
http://caaa.org/cs/zip/zipsearch.aspx
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I just thought that since i have two life time health isurance coverage policies, that medicare souldnt be holding up my C&R for ransome. And just wanted to get away from state workers comp ( i am an injured state worker, retired) and be incharge of my own medical.
04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
good intentions aren't as relieable as $$ in the bank.
you can be in charge of your own medical but you have to put $$ in a trust acct.
look into a self-administered trust.
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks for your advice, but the point is, there is no monies, the MSA is holding me up for ransom $175K thus the employer (state of calif) can not afford to settle the c&r and they know i have two priv. heath insurance pol. All i wanted was to have lazer spine surgery ($30k) that is not yet approved by blue cross so they wont approve anything but steel rods.
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
It is not the states decision. Most settlements are now subjected to Federal MSA regulations. The state has to set up the MSA, just as any other employer would. It is supposed to protect the taxpayer.

Your existing health care coverage is irrelevant. What if you don't have it in 3 years? I know it comes from the state, but as you indicated, they can't even afford to settle with you. They are broke. What makes you think they will be able to continue to fund your medical?

Many retirees are about to discover the unexpected benefit of Obamacare, in that their lifetime medical and prescription drugs are about to be scrapped, since the companies that are supposed to pay them just lost the tax incentives to do so. That is what the huge write offs you have been hearing about are centered on.

As California goes, so goes the nation. By the way, you are posting in the wrong forum.

"In the interest of peace, one should change their signature often"
(or when threatened by someone who packs heat) Smile