Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-27-2015, 08:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aflac
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Aflac
I was off work for three weeks, went without a paycheck for four weeks, and I still
have not received a cent from W/C thanks to my employer not filing the C2 form.

Thank goodness I have Aflac Smile insurance! I finally received a check from them for $926. with more pending. I have short term disability and accident policies with
Aflac. It looks like all the money I paid in will reward me now in my time of need.
And believe me, it couldn't come at a better time.

It really is the insurance where "If you get hurt and miss work; it doesn't hurt to miss work."

Darkstar

Dark star crashes, pouring it's light into ashes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
RE: Aflac
I tell everyone I meet to get a disabilty insurance apart from WC cuz WC can and will starve you out

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
11-07-2009, 03:11 PM
My daughter had that policy;. She hasn't needed it. I did have a policy once but cancelled it when I read the fine print. Basically said that I could only claim if I actually lost a limb or my life. ????!!!! I wasn't working in an area where I would likely lose a limb. I have often wondered about aflec. Seems like a good idea. But I was also told that it is pretty expensive.

The question here is, will you have to pay that back if w/c kicks in?
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
bagpussinamerica Wrote:My daughter had that policy;. She hasn't needed it. I did have a policy once but cancelled it when I read the fine print. Basically said that I could only claim if I actually lost a limb or my life. ????!!!! I wasn't working in an area where I would likely lose a limb. I have often wondered about aflec. Seems like a good idea. But I was also told that it is pretty expensive.

The question here is, will you have to pay that back if w/c kicks in?

It is expensive, about thirty dollars a week for the three policies I have.

I don't believe it would have to be paid back, it is a supplemental insurance policy.

Dark star crashes, pouring it's light into ashes.
11-07-2009, 07:59 PM
What good luck you had that!!!! It most certainly paid for itself in the end!!!

The policy I had was not with Aflac. It was with someone else.
11-11-2009, 08:54 AM
we had aflec....sooo much paperwork it was unreal....only paid well if you died or lost an arm and a leg....
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Darkstar, I'm so happy that you had this extra protection when you needed it. So many of us went without for quite awhile when we were first injured and it is very difficult. We had to sell some things that took a very long time to aquire. It is sort of ironic that 1 month prior to my injury Aflac came to where I work and tried to get us to take out their insurance. Many took it out, I didn't. Unfortunately at that point in my life I thought No way can anything happen to me to justify the premium. I was wrong of course........

GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!
11-11-2009, 09:34 AM
LTD insurance has saved me Many Times during my working years!

If EVER, you are offered LTD at your job, GET IT and KEEP IT!

Lilly

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
11-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I had Aflac and it was a amazing! yes, there is a lot of paper work but once you go through it once it simple and the checks come within a few days of submitting it. i don't know how i would have survived without it. i tell everyone where i worked that they should have it. i support the duck
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Well, I guess I went with the wrong company. They said they don't cover WC injuries, and when I told them my claim was denied, they said to send in the denial paperwork. I did and they called my C/A and he told them yes, it is denied, but not really denied, and then they called my doctor and he said yes, it is a work injury. So I didn't get LTD or WC. I resubmitted the paperwork three times and was turned down 3 times for the same reason. Paid over $40 per month for years, for nothing!

I'm happy for you darkstar. Take care. Tongue

Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Have you used AFLAC in California? allison 2 1,895 03-29-2011 11:54 PM
Last Post: allison