Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this really how I'm suppose to be treated??
maint314 Wrote:I understand freebird and I really appreciate you and everyone has been giving advice to me.WC was never paying me anything. The only thing I have received was short term disability that paid me a little more than a 1/4 of my weekely salary each week from a different insurance that my work carried. That ran out a few months ago and in order to receive that they made me sign a paper saying it would be repayed. WC has given me nothing. My lawyer said it is because they are disputing the claim.So I have a stack of medical bills, cant be treated any further. Noone has said anything about mmi.I am speaking to my lawyer tommorow.What would be some smart questions to ask him?you are right, i am young and COULD be a millionaire next year, but I WILL be homeless in a couple months.

You do not know any WC terms because you have never been on WC.
Have you seen a WC Doctor? I am assuming yes since you were denied from the word go.

I guess maybe I missed the part that you have been denied WC from the beginning. Hopefully, you will be released to work and you will find a job in the sedentary range as your Doctor said.

If I was you and could work, I would ask the Doctor to release me vefore I was Homeless. There is work out there.

Hi , I'm so sorry you have had this happen to you. You can no longer return to such an enviroment because it will "worsen or wake -up" your condition.....as will cig smoke, burning leaves, pvc fumes, etc. Anything that irritates the lungs, you will need to stear clear of.

For SSD....you have to be off work for a year, OR the doctor must predict & state you'll be off for a year in order to be approved. Sadly, since you are young, it will make the approval more difficult. Make sure your doctor knows you have applied for SSD, as he can help you obtain it by his wording.

Have you had extensive pulmonary testing which shows your exact resulting numbers? If so, possibly the tests will show you are bad enough to be approved for SSD automatically. There may be permanent damage to your lungs.

If you are able to work, try to find a job in a cleaner setting. There are maintenance jobs out there that are not in filthy quality air conditions. Possibly working outside in maintenance, or in clean rooms etc.

Hopefully your lawyer will get off his duff and get you what you're entitled to, which is WC approval, AND back pay.
If OSHA had a problem with your company....then there is proof that you have been in a bad enviroment. So what if it didn't effect others..they may not have been exposed to the same amounts of bad air quality as you.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/

Good Luck, and prayers going up for you! Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Thanks Lilly and everyone has been involved in this thread.I have had pulmonary testing.I have had hi-res chest scans which showed scarring.I have had multiple pulmonary function tests, blood work, extensive tests.Everything from pulmonary to nuerologic.The physician wants to do more testing and start me in pulmonary therapy right away but my insurance ran out a month after I had to leave work.Since W/C is disputing the claim they wont pay for anything.Its a mess, which from everything Ive read here is typical.This is the first time i have dealt with a lawyer.How can I make sure he is off his duff, as you said, and doing his job?

Well, your lawyer can request a emergency hearing to attempt to get your WC claim approved. If you have lung damage...you should NOT be denied treatments to enable you to Breath! WC needs to approve your claim, and you lawyer can fight to do just that...Get it approved.

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Thank you Lilly. I expected to hear from him today but didnt. I will bring your comments up when he calls and update after I talk to him. Thanks again to you and everyone that has helped arm me with information.I was completely lost and have felt totally alone since this started back in apr. I appreciate everyone here!

Did you go to a WC appointed Doctor?

What was the reason they used to deny you? You say they dispute your claim but never say what they said in denying you.

WC sent me to see their doctor in Aug. I was never told what he said his results were. And honestly I didnt ask what the reason was they are disputing the claim for.Man I feel dumb. When I ask my lawyer should I rely on his answer or would it be acceptable to call the WC doctor myself and the WC insurance company myself and ask those questions? Will my lawyer consider that going behind his back?

Maint314, get copies of EVERYTHING, it's your right and you'll need them. Educate yourself about your condition. Knowledge is power, learn about your medical condition, learn about the work comp system. I've learned so much just talking to people on the forums. Learn and share.

Be very, very careful about talking to the WC insurance company. Personally I'd leave that to your attorney. The WC company could use anything you say against you. In my state I can't call the WC company, I can only go through my attorney.

One thing I don't understand is that initially WC sent you to doctors and now they're denying everything. That makes no sense. Ask your lawyer for an IME (independent medical evaluation), get copies of everything. Actually your lawyer should have copies of everything and he should sent you those.

Take care,
BB

bodybuilder1958 Wrote:Maint314, get copies of EVERYTHING, it's your right and you'll need them. Educate yourself about your condition. Knowledge is power, learn about your medical condition, learn about the work comp system. I've learned so much just talking to people on the forums. Learn and share.

Be very, very careful about talking to the WC insurance company. Personally I'd leave that to your attorney. The WC company could use anything you say against you. In my state I can't call the WC company, I can only go through my attorney.

One thing I don't understand is that initially WC sent you to doctors and now they're denying everything. That makes no sense. Ask your lawyer for an IME (independent medical evaluation), get copies of everything. Actually your lawyer should have copies of everything and he should sent you those.

Take care,
BB

+1 Absolutely sound advice

I spoke to my lawyer today. Told him my situation . I told him he is going to be representing someone who lives out their truck.He said he'll push on it now So I guess I'll see what that means. The great news is 20 minutes after he called I received a call from a major corporation that is opening a new plant and want me to interview this tuesday. It is in the industrial maintenance field still but it is a much cleaner environment. I hesitated at first but I decided I cant let a lawyer, a doctor, and an insurance company put me on the street. They aren't going to provide a xmas for my daughter or a roof over my head.So I dont care whaqt they say about it I'm going to the interview with my head up and ready to impress. This is what I find funny: I have a court date Tues about WC.My lawyer told me I didnt have to be there because it is a "progress check" hearing. It's so the magistrate can check on the "progress".Well my interview is on Tues and I plan on it going well. Thats MY "progress".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car Accident while being treated for injury Fusion26 14 4,871 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Fusion26
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 6,929 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Moving while being treated powderedwater 1 2,670 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Ways you have been treated since getting hurt at work ? tweety00 44 24,474 12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Last Post: jayne
Big Grin HELP! What if I find different job while still being treated for injury, who pays? piscesjavagirl 12 17,049 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501